Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox fork knocking/clunking after service
  • ebennett

Sent my Fox Float 36 (2014 model) away for service at TF Tuned, first ride out afterwards on my local trails I noticed a knocking/clunking feeling/sound. It’s most apparent on landings from jumps and on take-off when the fork compresses into the lip of the jump.

I know pretty much nothing about suspension, but I’m guessing this isn’t normal and it didn’t do it before the service. Is it a problem that needs fixing or is it just a quirk? They did mention that they’d fitted some internal bits to suit me more as I’m relatively light, could that be what it is?

I’m planning on fiddling around with pressure and rebound settings on my next ride to see if I can tune it out. If that doesn’t fix it I’ll give them a call, hopefully it’s nothing serious.

wwaswas

I’d call them pre-fiddle and see what they suggest.

bruneep

Front wheel bearings?

had this previously 😳

ebennett

If it was the bearings wouldn’t it be noticeable during normal riding too? Nothings changed with the wheel either, it sat in its usual place for a week but the difference is marked. Will check it anyway!

bigyinn
    Free Member

QR tight?

p7rich
    Free Member

is it a spring fork? if so, sounds like it may be the plastic sheath has slipped down one end of the spring. Just need to pop it out and re-centre the sheath. Exact same thing happened to me after a service on a Fox 32.

ebennett

Yeah, everything was done up tight so don’t think it’s that. Think it’s an air-sprung fork so not sure it’s that either, but I’ll check the spec.

ddtr100
    Free Member

it sounds like you have air in the damper.here is ny number if you want to give me a call tomorrow.i can take some details and get it sorted for you

http://www.rsfsus.co.uk

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi ebennet,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your fork .
    Please give one of our technicians a call in the morning so we can sort out what is wrong with your fork and if needed we will collect it so it can be inspected,

Tft

ebennett

Full marks for service, got a call this morning and my forks are going back in tomorrow to get checked over free of charge and with any luck will be back in time for the weekend!

daver27
    Free Member

Its a check valve in the damper, very common on the 36, had the same thing. send them back and it’ll get swapped out.

ebennett

Meant to say, the call was based purely on this thread – I never contacted them about it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork knocking/clunking after service’ is closed to new replies.