Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox Fork Issue
  • cubist
    Free Member

I have just tried to do a fluid change on my Fox Talas. I am trying to tighten the nut on the damper side – the one where the rebound knob is located. The issue is the thread is also turning. The whole inner mechanism is rotating. Is this game over and a job for the professionals? If not what can I do?

cubist
    Free Member

Just thought I’d share what I did to resolve this in case anyone in a similar predicament is searching for an answer at some point. I was able to wind out the rebound adjuster and then carefully hold it using a pair of pliers while using an open end spanner to very very gently tighten the nut up.

Seemed fine on Sundays ride and there was no leaking fluid.

legend
    Free Member

have employed cubist’s method before, just don’t grab it so tight that you crush threads and it’ll be grand (good pliers help)

wwaswas

you can try compressing the fork with a luggage strap or your foot on the brace too.

cubist
    Free Member

Tried compressing them but it wasn’t enough for my 2012 Talas 32s. It must have taken 2 hours of huffing, puffing and swearing before I managed to find something that worked. It just feels so wrong holding on to such a fragile part like that ( phnarr phnarr etc…)

yetidave
    Free Member

The air side of my RL s Do that if I let the pressure out before loosening (but not removing) the lower nut. Maybe doing the compression thing on that side would do the same?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox Fork Issue’ is closed to new replies.