• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • fox flux- users experiences?
  • hora
    Free Member

Looks overbuilt but stif have them reduced at £50. Thoughts?

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve had one for about 4-5 months and I like it. I’ve always had giro’s (still got an E2) and it feels as well vented as that. Feels a bit beefy’er if you know what i mean? Like i say i like it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

light well made and comfy, offers decent protection..whats not to like?

rOcKeTdOg

Great helmet, I’ve had two, bit hot in the summer with the deep back, my last one was £12 from a stall at mountain mayhem

rockhopper70

I bought one from Evans and it gave me an awful headache. Seemed very tight on the forehead and the pads supplied couldn’t solve it. Only two sizes IIRC. Took it back. the one one display was damaged as the strap had failed where it entered the shell so no chance of repairing it. Bought a Xen and it is lovely.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Really like them but it was the least comfy shaped helmet (for my head) I’ve tried unfortunately.

rockhopper70

..but they do have a fin on the top! 😯

Kahurangi

It’s a helmet. Reasonable vents, reasonable overage, silly plastic spoiler and styling. Not sure about the way the straps are fitted to the helmet meaning your glasses have to go under the straps but keeps the straps off your face.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve had one since they came out in 2007, used it every day since
    not a had chance to really test it’s quality, but looking to replace it as it’s looking a bit tatty and I’ve lost some of the pads, plus I’ve dropped it a fair few times
    will probably replace with another

shaggmiester
    Free Member

wish i’d have got one instead of the xen, xen’s a good helmet but the ratchet systems crap! keeps slackening when riding steep descents!

langy
    Free Member

they are being discounted because of the new Fox helmet coming out.

I found it a bit heavy (could be the “extra” stuff at the back?) and quite warm. Gone for a more traditionally shaped MET and much happier with it overall.

If you get one, make sure you run the straps through the rear guides – you’ll see what I mean if you look at one; the straps should clearly go through, but don’t (apparently, someone else had the same design, sans “spoiler” and so it would’ve been a copyright type thing or something…). A careful cut opens them up, straps go in and fit is a whole lot better, etc.

I’ll be looking at the new one when it makes it to my LBS – lighter, more venting, etc sounds a winner

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I love mine! 1st gen which is about three years old, and rate it as highly as my e2 and Athlon. It is a little heavy until you get used to it. The spoiler is designed to let heat out better, and my last trip to Spain confirmed that it works… Bargain for £50 and lifetime crash replacement to boot!

Northwind

A wee bit heavy, a bit big, and the strap only attaches in the middle which isn’t too tidy- it’s technically not as good as a Xen. And it has the stupid rear wing, which weirdly is more securely attached than the (non adjustable) visor. But I still love it for all that.

T666DOM

A great helmet, I’ve had 2 , wrecked the 1st crashing but it did it’s job. I find they fit my head really nicely, easy to adjust and come with a spare set of pads, of which I have 2 sets now. The fin is supposed to improve aerodynamics and cooling IIRC, not sure about that but I like the look of it. Shame they discontinued the punk black colour had to settle for plain old black and white for the replacement.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I bought it and a Met. The wife nicked the Fox, I rode in the Met. When a mate needed a helmet pronto the Met went his way and I recovered the Fox. Very comfy and reasonably warm this Winter. Will check the new one out in the Summer.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Like the Flux – best rear skull protection I’ve come across (hello TJ! Just talking the usual nonsense you helmet deniers scoff at!)

dekadanse
    Free Member

Like the Flux – best rear skull protection I’ve come across (hello TJ! Just talking the usual nonsense you helmet deniers scoff at!)

hora
    Free Member

Got it in hand 🙂

Langy- what do you mean? I’m looking at the back and cant figure it.

Small/medium actually fits spot on.

My Hex has never really sat right on my head. Almost like a hat than a helmet and I size/gripped the tensioners right.

wpuk
    Free Member

Really like mine, visor is a bit miss placed for looking ahead so I never use the visor, really comfy on my head, fits well, go to a decently stocked shop and see what fits your head though, was really after a specialized low profile helmet but all sizes felt awkward on my head ( everyones different) good test is see how it sits and moves without doing the strap up (also test it with strapped done up)

skiprat
    Free Member

I like mine, fits my head better than anything else i tried. Having a big head, my head fits in it rather than perching a helmet on top of my head. Lots of protection and quite tough.

Can be a little hot in summer but i think all helmets make me feel that way. I like it.

backhander
    Free Member

I like mine but I find the pads hold a lot of moisture and need ringing out occasionally.

hora
    Free Member

I’m guessing the newist version will be lighter?

Can’t see any problems with its weight now if Im honest. The Hex is hardly lightweight.

hora
    Free Member

So I lift the pushchair out of the boot. Guess what landed on the floor? Why are all my helmets christened this way?!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘fox flux- users experiences?’ is closed to new replies.