Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox Float RL 120mm or RockShox Reba RLT 120mm
  • skimpy
    Free Member

Hello all,

I am building up a new bike and have been looking around at what forks I should use.

I currently have a set of white RockShox Reba RLT 120mm with PopLoc forks which are in great condition, but, because I am a weirdo, I would prefer a set of black forks to match with the yellow/black new frame.

So I have seen a set of Fox Float RL 120mm – do you think these are worse, the same or better than the Reba RLT’s?? I am thinking I should just suck it up and keep the Reba’s but if I can sell and buy the Fox forks with no financial loss then should I do it??

Ta!!

j40aja
    Free Member

My Canyon came with white Fox Float RL 120mm with the FiT damper, crown mounted lockout and 15mm axel. They are excellent forks, easy to set up and feel very plush. Seem to do exactly what they’re meant to do.
    I’ve got them advertised for sale on here and E-Bay at the moment as when they were away at Mojo for warranty work I decided I fancied black forks and now seemed like as good a time as any to change.

If you’re interested give me a shout and I can e-mail you pics and details or check out the classifieds for pics prices etc.

Cheers,

Alan.

Northwind

My RLs were very divey but it seems like that’s something that varies year to year with Fox. I’d choose the rebas.

chestrockwell

From my experiance with both brands I’d get Fox. They just ‘feel’ better imo.

sideshow
    Free Member

Fox will feel better out of the box. Reba will feel better after a winter of riding and gagging for a service.

oli575
    Free Member

I had a Kula Gold with Reba RL’s and now have a Kula Watt with Fox Floats FIT…

Fox’s look the part but the Rebas felt better from day one and I know they will still feel better in 6 months even though they will have had two years without a service (eek!).

Fox with heart, Rockshox with head I think.

iridebikes
    Free Member

Manitou minutes are much better than either in my opinion.

skimpy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like it a tie. The Rebas are 250g lighter as well. If only I could get them resprayed I’d be super happy!

jonnyrockymountain

I haven’t touched fox forks for a couple of years and would not touch them again!
    Either rockshox or dt swiss are far far better

chestrockwell

I agree that DT Swiss are very nice. Performance wise they’re at least level with Fox and much better then RS for me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

But are the DT Swiss 120s that much better than the rebas – they are heavier, a couple of hundred quid more, and I see quite a lot of iffy reviews about not handling small bumps well, diving through their travel easily, the RWS not working too well, etc.

Is the Reba the safer bet, although stiffness and mud clearance won’t be as good?

Paceman
    Free Member

Fox’s look the part but the Rebas felt better from day one and I know they will still feel better in 6 months even though they will have had two years without a service (eek!).

Fox with heart, Rockshox with head I think.

Completely agree, particularly as you have the Reba RLT version which will wipe the floor with Float RL’s in terms of adjustability and sensitivity.

I’d stick with the Rebas or go for the Rebas in the colour you want if thats important.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float RL 120mm or RockShox Reba RLT 120mm’ is closed to new replies.