Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Float CTD BV rear shock advice please…
  • wl
    Free Member

First ride out on my new Five yesterday and while then suspension felt pretty good (it still needs setting up properly) I did notice something a bit weird after the ride. Off the bike, when I push down on the seat to activate the rear shock, the CTD Boost Valve rear seems to go through the initial 3-4mm travel on its barrel very easily, then there’s a noticeable change at a certain point, and the travel suddenly become slightly stiffer – it’s like a second ‘stage’ of travel, almost. On my other bike, the RP23 is pretty consistent – no ‘wall’ as it were, even though the travel gets progressively firmer, as it should. Is the sudden change in travel firmness on my CTD supposed to be there, or is the shock either not set up right, or a dud? Any tips? Ta.

wl
    Free Member

No one?

daveh
    Free Member

Propedal acting around the expected sag point? Is your other bike single pivot?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    graeme87
    Free Member

Try the new app you can download. It’s called “Fox IRD”. It’s a complete set up for 2013 forks and shocks.

wl
    Free Member

Other bike’s a Patriot, so yes. Rang Mojo and they’ve said ride it a couple more times, fine-tune the settings for my weight and preferences, and see if it still does it. If so, send it back to them. Guess I’ll wait and see. I’m confident it will get sorted if there is a problem – Mojo have always been good with my forks.

toppers3933
    Free Member

none of the ctd shocks i have tried hve had that feeling baout them all have been pretty consistent through the stroke. i did experience this on a shock a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a fault. id call mojo and ask their advice if i were you. although it will almost certainly be send i track.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers, Graeme.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Travel should be linear as far as I’m aware – mine is. Is there really a difference between this shock and the RP23 apart from the damper settings? I don’t think there is, so it should be like your RP23. Are you sure the shock is actually moving and its not a loose bush or something like that? My new shock is about to go back for its second warranty visit, so i’m not over the moon with Fox quality control at the moment, so I wouldn’t rule out a problem with it.

wl
    Free Member

Wobbliscott – thanks for that, interesting that you’ve had issues. Will double-check all the bolts and bushes etc, but I’m sure they’re fine, and the shock/frame has only one ride on it. It’s definitely behaving differently to the RP23 on my other bike, but I think you’re right that it shouldn’t.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

a mate of mine has a float ctd that does the same, send it to Mojo before the warranty runs out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float CTD BV rear shock advice please…’ is closed to new replies.