Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fox float CTD broken after 3 rides..help!
  • Wally

Brand new bike – the lockout worked in the shop.
    After three rides and gentle hose downs the CTD lever makes sod all difference. Seems to be open all the time. No lockout at all.
    I have tried taking all the pressure out and then pumping back up – no difference.

Any ideas what I can do before I wheel it back into the shop?

Wally.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Experience tells me that it’s ronnied.

However, all isn’t lost. You’ll be covered by warranty, so contact your local dealer or failing that the bike’s manufacturer/distributor in the UK. Chances are you’ll be asked to send it to Mojo for a refurb.

If you’re as lucky as I was, a certain explosive parcel company might lose the shock in transit and you’ll be given a top of the line Kashima replacement fully tuned FOC…Happy days! 😀

Wally

Bike is only 2 weeks old – but bought from a Major chain, so yes looks like I’m going back with it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s not as bad as you might think…a warranty job is FOC and usually turned around very quickly.

Wally

There is a very slight difference between the three settings – but is minimal. I know understand “climb” is not locked out.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You do know that the CTD fork does not have a lockout . The climb setting has more compression damping but not a complete lockout .

crosshair
    Free Member

Mine turned out to be the remote lever.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Mine has never worked. I keep meaning to get them sent off but it’s been 18 months now!

Wally

It’s a rear shock – Front is prefect ! Oh dear should not have said that..

brakes
    Free Member

they’ll tell you that you’ve missed the first service interval which is after 12 minutes of riding and therefore the warranty is now invalid and a service will cost you £100.

chestrockwell

There is a very slight difference between the three settings

There’s loads of difference between the settings on my 2014 CTD shock.

Wally

One delighted OP – Shock has been sorted by MOJO for free – and feels fantastic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    they’ll tell you that you’ve missed the first service interval which is after 12 minutes of riding and therefore the warranty is now invalid and a service will cost you £100.

I’ve had 2 CTD fails on mine, 1st under warranty and fixed, second out of warranty and fixed FOC. Completely happy with the customer support/warranty side of things from Fox in Oz.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Let all the air out, Move it up and down then re-pressure The shock, you didn’t have enough air in.

Wally

Pitchpro – I did try that. MOJO used a service set on the Boost Valve assembly and 3 new valves. What ever that means. What I can tell you is that a floppy levered CTD rear shock went in with no difference between the settings and a positive clicking levered shock come out with a real difference between settings.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Mojo are very good in all fairness. Mine did this when my huge 24stone mate sat on my bike while it was in climb setting, it completely stopped working, a fellow rider suggested letting the air out and pumping it up again and it worked a treat. My lever has also broke and mojo fixed that and serviced it for free.

Wally

I do ride with a chap who likes his ale – note taken!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fox float CTD broken after 3 rides..help!’ is closed to new replies.