Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Fox Float 36 0% finance deal please
  • JImmAwelon
    Free Member

£500 used to be the price of a bike but now that’ll only get you part of the front end! Anyway the main retailers that I normally use don’t seem to be doing these. I want to spend £500 over 2 years 0%. Anyone got any ideas?

I was hoping to be able to walk into Merlin on Saturday morning (very local to me) to fill out the necessary forms and pick up my weapon of choice but they only seem to have 2 32mm fox forks on their site. Would it be different in store?

Anyone got any ideas?

LoCo
    Free Member

Try Sunset in Cardiff.

MrGreedy

How about saving up and buying them when you actually have the money?

That’s not a troll (going to bed now so not interested in an argument), but I really do wonder about the world we live in when I see things like this.

coatesy
    Free Member

A fork that retails at £729, for £500 minus the 10% cut that the finance company takes.Don’t think it’s going to happen somehow.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ring them to see slection and save a set for you
    they are shut on Saturday as well only open the first of the month iirc
    they open late tuesday and thursday as well iirc till 7?/

ojom
    Free Member

Consider this carefully. Finance is rarely worth taking on bikes.

Save up. It feels better at bedtime when you go to sleep.

terrahawk
    Free Member

You lot just broke my Self-Righteous-O-Meter.

toys19
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member

You lot just broke my Self-Righteous-O-Meter.

People often use the old LOL or even ROFL, it’s meaningless compared to what I’ve been doing for the last two minutes. Top wittyness terrahawk.

MussEd
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’re not going to get any for £500 mate but Stif do 0% finance…

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Actually taking o% finance makes perfect sense. Why pay the £500 now (assuming you have it in the bank) when you can earn interest on that and pay it in 6 months. Not huge amounts but hey better in your pocket than theirs (-:

And if you have an offset mortgage it makes even more sense to keep that £500 in your bank.

Not buying any forks just thought I would chip in 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I won’t lecture you on the perils of finance but I will say that if you’re spending serious wonga then consider the rockshox Lyrik solo air rc2DH.

I’ve always been a 36 fan but my lyriks (with mission control DH damping, as found in boxxers) blows them out of the water!

I’m not the only convert either.. Just a thought 🙂

ChrisA
    Free Member

Like others have said, if it was me, I’d save up. It sounds like you’ve already justified the purchase.

My understanding of stif’s finance is you pay every month, so if you have the £500 in the bank is regardless, if it’s over 6 months you’ll pay £84(ish) a month not nothing for 6 months then £500 in one go.

The other thing is if you prang them after 2 months, or destroy them out of warrenty, have enough of thrm and want something else, you’ll still be paying for them until the finance clears.

Its your money though, so it’s your decision what you choose to do.

neallyman
    Free Member

Mr Greedy, sheesh….
    Self-righteous and obnoxious post right there. I normally wouldn’t get involved but you make me so angry. The guy asks for advice on WHERE we can possibly get forks on 0%, not for a lecture on the merits of tick. Replies like this put others off posting.

He’s a grown up I’m sure. And 0% is a perfectly acceptable method to finance a pair of expensive forks in 2011 where interest rates are rock bottom and ‘cash is cheap’.

I suppose you also ‘saved up’ and bought your house did you? No mortgage etc?

Amos
    Free Member

+1 ^

MrGreedy

I really tried to resist checking back on this but lost so I suppose I’d better reply.

@ neallyman, chill out, it’s just people talking on the internet. Have some smilies 🙂 😀 🙁 😮 😯

As I’m sure you understand, there’s a big difference between buying a house and £500 discretionary spending on a hobby.

Back on topic: if I were the OP I’d ask how long it would take me to have the money spare for the forks. If it was more than 4 or 5 months then I’d consider how much I really needed them. Ultimately the convenience of getting them now will have a cost as coatesy and ChrisA have pointed out.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice whilst I was in bed.

To any financial advisers out there – I paid off the mortgage last year so gave up my sensible job. I am now 6 months into a 12-18 month career break so I have forgotten how to stress out over such financial matters but I thank you for your concern.

MussEd
    Free Member

Hahahahaha. Great response OP! Now go and spunk £900 on some of those kashima coated lovelies! On the never never of course.

cb

Did someone just suggest we buy things for our bikes because we “need” them? 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ultimately the convenience of getting them now will have a cost as coatesy and ChrisA have pointed out

Yes but the OP asked for a 0% deal so can you explain the cost there please iirc 0% is nothing and you pat the sam ewhethe ryou save up and buy or pay them monthly.

neallyman
    Free Member

Ok, I’m aware I can be a little uptight at times and I was in a bit of a mood when reading the thread early this morning while eating my cheerios. So:

🙂 😀 😆 :mrgreen: 😉 😛 😆 🙂 😀

My point was that the OP wanted advice on where he could locate something. he wasn’t making a request for moral guidance.

That was the real TOPIC of his thread, not whether to ask himself the question ‘whether he could wait and save for them instead’.

In reply to some of the responses against 0% credit for bike parts, for what it’s worth (and venturing back off ‘topic’) I don’t think 0% is a bad thing in many circumstances. I bought a bike 12 months ago from a retailer on 0% finance. The bike was advertised at £2k and would have been £2k whether I took it on 0% or whether I paid for it there and then. I put £300 down on the bike and financed the balance over 24 months. One year down the line and I have £850 outstanding on a bike that I reckon is easily worth that at current 2nd hand value, likely a little bit more. So if I was to get into some difficulty with payments or simply wanted to change the bike I could in theory sell it and pay off the balance. That’s the great thing about 0% bike deals…unlike many larger loans (ie for cars and suchlike) where the interest is heavily ‘forward loaded’ in these 0% instances the residual value usually drops in line with the outstanding balance. Providing at least some deposit is paid, which is usually a requirment anyway. I had the £2k in my bank to pay for the bike at the time but why do that when I can finance it this way?

Cheers 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

wot he said.

Toombsy
    Free Member

I just got some 36’s online from Tredz with 0% finance (but over 6 months)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, you’re on a ‘career break’ which seems to be what unemployed people put on their CV and expect to get approved for 0% finance?

I work 50yds from the M4 and even I can hear every finanicial bod in the coutnry chuckling into their cup of coffee!

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

I love this.

I think the income I get from my 2 student house rents will keep the financial bods happy. I may just buy them outright but like with most other things I own I look at finance first – keeps my credit rating healthy too!

Looked at Sunset, now looking at Tredz. Thought I may be able to pick up a 2010 set cheaper…..

coatesy
    Free Member

For the benefit of Junkyard, 0% isn’t really free as it costs the shop about 10% of the total cost(which goes to the finance company), which can often be negotiated off the cost of a one-off payment.For the record, i’ve got nothing against anybody using 0% finance, just saying that you’ll be less likely to get a reduced price too.

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

leisure lakes also do 0% finance and so does evans (if you spend over £550 you can do the finance over 12 months)

peachos
    Free Member

best purchase i ever made was my norco on 0%

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 36 0% finance deal please’ is closed to new replies.