Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox FIT4 or RC2 damper?
  • prezet
    Free Member

I bought a set of 36’s last year with the FIT4 3 position damper in them to put on my Hightower, and they’ve been nice to ride. I don’t think I’ve ever used any of the other positions other than open … which is making me think that I also have another set of 36’s with the RC2 damper I was going to sell soon (moving from 27.5 to 29) – and should I swap the dampers before selling them.

Singletrack collective – which would you use – FIT4 or the RC2? I’m not really a suspension tinkerer, but I appreciate the ability to be able to tune the fork if I need to. And if I’m not using the other positions of the FIT4 then surely I’m not using any of it’s benefits?

teethgrinder

GRIP2

prezet
    Free Member

@teethgrinder – sadly don’t have the funds for the upgrade.

teethgrinder

I have a GRIP2 36. Once set, it doesn’t get touched during a ride. Same on a Yari with an RC damper and same as a previous Pike with RCT3 damper, although with those, I was always forgetting to unlock after a climb.

Once I get settings that work, I just leave them be. Therefore, if it were me I’d go RC2 over FIT4, and hoy in the new EVOL air shaft if it doesn’t have one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox FIT4 or RC2 damper?’ is closed to new replies.