Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox F120 FIT "feel"….
  • Kryton57

My F120’s, supplied with ex-demo bike feel abit well, like they don’t have enough oil in them.

They need a fair bit of rebound (10 of 15max clicks) to act as “normal” and I certainly can’t hear any oil squelching through the valves. Even at max rebound they wouldnt be “too slow” (ie push down and then slowly rise up)

Just wanted to ask – is this normal? There’s no oil on the stantions so I can’t see a leak / problem with seals.

I’m really just wondering whether I should get them serviced, but then again they are only 12 rides old and times are hard atm….?

LoCo
    Free Member

leave them upside down over night to see if the oil lubing the upper bushes helps at all.
    Rebound is pretty good on those on a freshly serviced set with 80 psi in the rebould at full slow ( full + ) is very very slow.

Have you ridden them? or just ‘car park’ tested as they will probably feel quite different out on the trail so maybe try them on a couple of rides first.

A change of lower oil may help, rebound is hard to gauge without feeling the forks myself as one persons slow is really fast to another.

nonk
    Free Member

try turning the rebound all the way on (slowest) then cycle the fork a a bit then back it off to where you want it.

LoCo
    Free Member

The cycling at full slow is to bleed the air out of the open bath cartridges, this won’t work with FIT carts.
    The rebound is on the bottom of the leg isn’t it on these?

nonk
    Free Member

ah righto.

LoCo
    Free Member

No probs. so many systems out there nowadays, you should see the size of the parts lists I have to deal with 😉

Kryton57

Cheers loco – yes the rebound is on the bottom of the leg a la rockshocks.

FWIW, it works fine where I have it set and feels very smooth, its just not veeeeeryy slow at full which I’ve experience with other forks (to slow for riding, but lets say its extends to full in about 3 seconds).

I’m just worried about it being potentially “dry” and getting damaged as I ride through this year.

I contacted the shop I bought the bike from for potential service history, and they said its only been ridden around a car park 3 times, and therefore never serviced. It could even just be a lightweight oil, as I’m not chunky (12.5st with kit).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox F120 FIT "feel"….’ is closed to new replies.