Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox dust seal service help
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I'm about to remove the lowers and clean the dust seals, but a few quick questions!

Do i need new crush washers?
    I'm going to add 5ml of 7.5wt rock oil inot the lowers when i refit them, can i use this stuff on the foam rings as well? the instructions say to use float fluid but i dont understand why… I thought the 5ml you add to the lowers lubes the foam rings when the bike is inverted, so wont this just mix with the float fluid anyway?

Cheers

tomlevell

Did this yesterday for the first time.

Do i need new crush washers?

No but I'm going to get some for when they get damaged. They can't cost much. Can they? ;0)

I'm going to add 5ml of 7.5wt rock oil inot the lowers when i refit them, can i use this stuff on the foam rings as well? the instructions say to use float fluid but i dont understand why… I thought the 5ml you add to the lowers lubes the foam rings when the bike is inverted, so wont this just mix with the float fluid anyway?

You probably can but it's nowhere near as thick so won't last. Buy the tub of float fluid and soak the ring in it then reinstall. A bit of mixing is probably one of the reasons your supposed to relube the foam rings every 15hours of use. Luckily it's dead simple if you follow the new Mojo way rather than popping the seals up like the fox manual.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

tomlevel, what is the new Mojo way? Thinking I should start looking after my forks but couldn't find a method on there site.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Found it (typically moments after posting) .pdf here and video here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox dust seal service help’ is closed to new replies.