Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox ctd fork help/advice
  • jimmon2008
    Free Member

Hi folks got a set of fox 32 150 mm fit ctd forks and on the descent setting they feel too soft on steep drops etc and using virtually all the travel.
    Wanted to know, if I add more air will it stiffen them up in the descent mode plus will this affect the trail and climb settings??
    If this isn’t an option how can I firm up the descent setting? Thanks guys

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yes if you add air it will affect all the settings. Really depends what your trying to archive? Just to stiffen the decend setting and not trail and descend?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

You can add oil/float fluid to the chamber beneath the top cap.
    10-20ml oil will improve the fork, preventing it blowing through all travel. Adding air will make the fork poor on smaller bumps.

This is assuming you have set up with correct sag.

seavers
    Free Member

I have found them tricky to set up. Not sure I will find the right pressure to have every setting perfect. Climb I don’t care about as it is pretty much locked out.

To find a a pressure between a nice feeling on trail yet not too soft on Descend is tricky. I have been taking a shock pump out recently and trying out different pressures.

Adding air will make the fork poor on smaller bumps.

This is what I have found so far. I’m thinking oil is the next option to try.

The-Duke

I’ve added float fluid to the air chamber, add about 5cc at a time and see how it feels. I’m at around 15cc so far and the fork feels much better not blowing through all the travel when set with the correct sag

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve added float fluid to the air chamber, add about 5cc at a time and see how it feels. I’m at around 15cc so far and the fork feels much better not blowing through all the travel when set with the correct sag

About the level I am using and I’ve gone from hating the fork and never using “D” to using it the majority of the time.
    If you don’t want to add oil, I believe Fox have an air top cap for the 32mm forks (40’s have it as standard) that has the ability to adjust the volume. No doubt it will be expensive though.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Adding float fluid is only a temporary fix though as it eventually migrates.

Push are currently making a fix for it where spacers are added under the air cap same sort of thing as rockshox have done with the new Pike.

Cap on the left with the white spacers

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Prototype-PUSH-Fox-34-Conversion-Kit,22440/sspomer,2

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox now have now got the 2014 upgrade with more compression all round, waking for parts to become available us…

jimmon2008
    Free Member

Yes I av sag set up right and I’m very happy with the trail and climb settings, so it looks like oil it is then.

One other question: a pal has the same forks but his has an adjust setting lever with 3 options, can this be retro fitted to mine?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox ctd fork help/advice’ is closed to new replies.