• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by anc.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • fox bargain at onone?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FOFOFOX32/fox-32-float-140-rl-suspension-forks-

I'm after some light, white, 140mm forks. Is there any reason I should not buy these? I know fox forks are generally considered the bees knees but haven't really looked at reviews/opinions of these as I tend to go for something a bit different but these seem too good a bargain to miss.

Persuade me please.

but don't buy them all first!

peteimpreza

They have QR lowers.

I would want bolt thru.

jimmy

hmmmmmm nice bargain. I would.

postierich
    Free Member

Just bought ten pairs to flog on evielbay! 👿

johnduke
    Free Member

Yeah, I was looking at bolt throughs, but don't think I could find anything similar at that kind of price.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

get bolt thru I reckon.

johnduke
    Free Member

but which ones on a budget? I like thors but the deal has ended on those and nobody wants to sell me any second hand 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bikeradar

"As soon as you start pushing it hard through corners or under braking, there’s just too much twang and ?ex in the tips to inspire con?dence. Fox and Shimano's imminent 15mm through-axle standard should be very effective solution"

Tiger6791

Whats the big deal with bolt thru, I've got a maxle thingy and I reckon it makes little to no noticeable difference

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles

£359 this week?

1.65kg, white, 3yr guarantee, 15mm boltthru,

am tempted (but I need black)!

johnduke
    Free Member

Hmmm, food for thought, having used bolt through I do like it but can't say I worry about flex without, but I'm probably not 'pushing it hard through corners' Does flex become more of a problem the longer the fork?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Use an allen key skewer instead of QR and you'll be fine.

AndyDuke
    Free Member

John, I think Owen had these forks on his Marin. He is actually looking to change them, might be worth waiting till sunday, you could ask him about them then.

sv

Or use a 9mm hub/QR.

lyons
    Free Member

i think that bolt through only makes a difference in stiffness terms, if you are a slightly larger lad. For me, at 69 kg ive never noticed it on any forks. I just like the security of bolt through…

the-muffin-man

Been a while since I've looked at the On-One site, but that layout is a massive improvement on the old one.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Whats the big deal with bolt thru

It's the latest 'thing'.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd say under 120mm normal QR's are perfectly stiff enough, but once you get past that the combination of more leverage and the fact that the forks are aimed at burlier bikes, then bolt through lowers become much more of a necesity.

I had some 2005 Z1's, one set with bolt through lowers, one with QR's, whilst they QR ones would never be sescribed as flexy, the bolt through ones felt totaly different.

mos

It's the latest 'thing'.

Latest meaning that its been around for about 10 years?

anc
    Free Member

If your after 15mm forks jejames have some decent deals on the fox 15mm f series and talas forks 😉

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/mtb-suspension-forks.html

foxyrider
    Free Member

Was tempted but cheap 09' ones but I think I'll wait for some 2010 as they seem to had adressed the upper wear issues 🙂

Edit: oops i'm in the wrong year still sorry 🙂 \/\/\/\/

anc
    Free Member

2010 one's are out now its the 2011 one's that are getting the different legs 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘fox bargain at onone?’ is closed to new replies.