Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • it’s 2021. Fox 38
  • TheGhost
    Free Member

So where can I find the cheapest

Fox 36 29er 150mm 44mm offset fork

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Will see these around Glentress soon enough.

Special purpose I get it.

null

tomhoward

So where can I find the cheapest

The disti may have a fair few unsold 2020 ones that tarts like me no longer want, give it a few weeks and prices for 2020 ones should drop a bit, or someone will have a clearance sale.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

You mean the Zeb?

I was half joking, have only read vague hints about such a thing on the internet.

Do go on though…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

So as far as I can see, 2021 36 only goes up to 160mm. If you want above that it is 38 only. Creaky CSU remedy?

SteSi
    Free Member

https://brink.uk/fox-36-factory-grip2-29-2020

Brink will travel change the forks they have in stock to whatever travel you like

tomhoward

Ooh, just a thought, there’s been no mention of Live Valve around any of these new forks/shocks has there? Has Fox finally given up on it (5 years too late)?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Maybe live valve will reappear as what it should have been rather than an electronic lock out. Or Fox just realised there was a better way to hike the price without all the unnecessary expense, i mean it’s two better than a 36 isn’t it😀

teethgrinder

The 36

When does it become an all-new fork? The 36 gets new lowers and four damper options, including an updated version of the GRIP2 unit employing their Variable Valve Control compression system. There’s also the FIT4 damper that offers on-the-fly, three-mode adjustment, or technophiles can get excited about the model equipped with Fox’s terrain-reading Live Valve system. And with the burlier 38 being added to the lineup for 2021 and offering 160mm to 180mm, Fox has focused the 36 down to offer either 150mm or 160mm of travel.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-fox-36-38-40-pond-beaver-2020.html

bella
    Free Member

Is it just me or is this fork the solution to a problem only ever experienced by Richie Rude. I suspect the 36 is a better fork for all other humans.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@bella you can say that about pretty much every component and indeed bike

robo89
    Free Member

Personally I think the arch is a big improvement, reminds me of the marzocchi 350 which was solid and stiff, those channels are genius but the pistachio option has me confused, do I love it or hate it.
    Apparently the RS totem is coming back, but how do Rockshox beat Fox this time.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thirteen-hundred quid though. Seriously Fox, have a f***** word with yourselves, eh?

chakaping
    Free Member

Apparently the RS totem is coming back, but how do Rockshox beat Fox this time.

By being much more affordable when discounted and riding really well.

tomhoward

Thirteen-hundred quid though. Seriously Fox, have a f***** word with yourselves, eh?

Yeah, they barely made the podium of the ‘most expensive single crown fork’ championship

Must try harder…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Seems strange they stuck with a 15mm axle on a 180mm fork instead of upping it to 20mm.

Could have been 7 better.

What a waste.

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems strange they stuck with a 15mm axle on a 180mm fork instead of upping it to 20mm.

Could have been 7 better.

Would have only been 5 better, to be fair.

I always thought we should have stayed with 20mm for all forks, but TBH going back now would be a nuisance in terms of sharing wheels between bikes.

poah
    Free Member

mad to buy one of these over a lyric or mezzer.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

For what should be a fairly limited market, I’m expecting to see bucket loads of these, ridden slowly on suitable mince tanks around the Surrey Hills, probably with some solid village store/pub chat about how sendy they were on that particular ride 🙂

I won’t be buying, not that I have a suitable bike for a fork that chunky anyway…

ta11pau1

Have just been reading the Fox AMA on Pinkbike, and they have hinted that some Fox 34 news, specifically about the Grip2 damper, may be coming very soon.

All this free time in lockdown has got me virtually speccing my next bike, Marzocchi Z2’s with the Grip2 damper would be niiiice.

ta11pau1

So yep, WC has the fox 34 grip 2 VVC listed with the new 2021 graphics.

FOX 34 Factory Suspension Fork – 29", 140mm, 15QR x 110mm, 44mm Offset, Shiny Black, GRIP 2

And there’s an updated fox transfer coming with a shorter head and stack height, and insertion length. No 200mm version though, it seems.

https://www.summitbicycles.com/product/fox-racing-shox-transfer-factory-series-dropper-post-2021-29650.htm

B@rney
    Free Member

Got some Factory 36 Orange 29er brand new boxed never even installed…. slide into my DM’s if you fancy a chat @Theghost
    🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘it’s 2021. Fox 38’ is closed to new replies.