Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox 36 Vanilla tuning tips
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 36 Van’s on my Intense which seem to work very nicely for most of the riding I do (Malvern Hills = quite fast, rocky type stuff. No big drops/jumps etc) but there’s a section of steps which are quite long between the drops and about a 12″ drop.
    On these my forks seem to pack down(?) which makes riding them really hard work. I’ve got the right spring in the fork for my weight.
    The forks have high+low speed compression so is it just a case of tweeking the high speed compression and a bit more rebound? Something else?
    Any tips would be great…

jairaj

If you feel the forks are compressing too much for the level of force the steps are producing then use a bit more high speed compression damping. This will stop the forks blowing through the travel so much.

If you feel the forks are compressing correctly given the force exerted but are packing down because of the successive hits then reduce the rebound damping to make the forks return back to full hight quicker.

stevied
    Free Member

Cheers, will give that a try. They feel like they’re compressing too much..

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Stairs won’t necessarily be using the high speed compression circuit, it depends on the shape of the steps and how quick you are hitting them. Rattling down the stairs so you are skipping over the edges will be high speed compression but if you are hitting one step at a time onto the flat between the steps and then the next step and so on, the forks will be compressing quite slowly and it’s really the low speed you need to play with. I’d also suggest looking at the rebound too, or possibly even before adjusting the compression.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Double post.

stevied
    Free Member

if you are hitting one step at a time onto the flat between the steps and then the next step and so on

That sounds more like what’s happening…will give low speed a go 1st.
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Vanilla tuning tips’ is closed to new replies.