Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 36 Talas, short changed…
  • rickmeister

Got a set of these but I dont think that I am getting all the travel I should be. Can someone measure the stanchion crown to fork seal length please….

When wound back out after long climbs, the fork extends but the last few clicks do nothing. I remember them winding out to the last click before they were serviced…

Thanks

kevin1911

The stanchion to crown length should be a fraction over 160mm (if they’re the newer ones) or 150mm (if the old ones). Pretty sure there’s not much spare stanchion length.

Have you got enough air pressure in the forks? I’ve found that mine can be a bit reluctant to come all the way back to full travel unless the air pressure is relatively high.

[edit] actually, in thinking about it – what do you mean by “the last few clicks? As far as I remember they should only have 3 settings – long, mid and short (160-130-100 I think)

xiphon
    Free Member

My 36 TALAS go up/down in 3mm increments, for each click IIRC. They’re 2006 ones.

kevin1911

Ah, that explains that then 😉

rickmeister

just measured at 150mm so I guess all is well… mine are the 3mm per click loads of clicks type with the more modern qr axle grippers….

Thanks for the info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Talas, short changed…’ is closed to new replies.