Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 36 Stanchions – any experts in?
  • BoardinBob

Got some damage on my Fox 36 stanchions and they need replaced. Silverfish sell them. Plugged my serial number into the Fox site which confirms they are:

2018, 36, A, FLOAT, 29in, P-S, 150, Grip, 3Pos, Matte Blk, No Logo, 15QRx110, 1.5 T, 51mm Rake, N/M OE

They’re off my Hightower LT and although they came as 150mm I’ve had the travel increased to 160mm and I know they’ll go to 170mm.

On the Silverfish site, the exact match is out of stock with no delivery date:

https://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/SPARES/Forks/82012070KiT_FOX-Fork-36-CSU-Kash-M-Blk-180-150-29-51-Rake-15x110QR-15T

However in my head, all I need is a set of 29er stanchions suitable for 160mm travel and boost hubs. Therefore could I buy a set that were listed as 170mm, seeing as my existing forks can go to 170mm, and I would be ok?

Also, does the fork offset/ rake actually effect the CSU and stanchions in any way? I didn’t think it would but Fox seem to list the offset in the details for the different CSUs but I only assumed this would impact the lowers???

nixie

Is the offset and rake not in the crown, i.e. the angle the stanchions and steerer are relative to each other and the distance between them. I’d imagine the crown is an easier piece to alter than the lowers.

In answer to your question Fox or Silverfish are the people to ask.

BoardinBob

Silverfish are the people to ask.

Emailed them but got no response unfortunately

oikeith

RSF in Plymouth replace stanchions, maybe give them a call and ask?

honourablegeorge

The web chat on Silverfish’s site is usually fairly responsive. As above, Fox offset is in the CSU, not the lowers.

abingham

2nd for Dave at RSF. That man knows his onions.

carlos
    Free Member

Rick at Slick & Slide in Macclesfield, Cheshire will also be able to fit new stanchions

Proper top bloke and really knows his stuff

http://www.slickandslide.co.uk/?LMCL=Qj4rsU

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Stanchions – any experts in?’ is closed to new replies.