Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox 36 Sag settings
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Just reading the manual and it suggests 15 or 20% sag. Seems a little low to me, i’d normally run 25 – 30%

Am i missing something?? What does everyone else set theirs at?

Trimix
    Free Member

You will have to figure that out yourself. Depends on you, your bike and the trails you like to ride. Dont forget, sag will affect HA as well.

Go out and experiment by sessioning your favorite trail with a shockpump for company.

mashr

As above, user preference. 20% is where mine lives though

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

You should experiment to find what works for you, but…
    You might find, that somewhat counter intuitively less sag feels more plush and comfortable, it was explained to me that the fork (and the same with shocks) was designed to sit there, and if your ran more sag you were already in the ‘ramp up’ part of the stroke, so ran into less-sensitive stroke sooner and more often.

jk1980
    Free Member

I noticed that in the manual and reckon it’s way too low. I run mine at 30% as I do with any other fork

Bushwacked
    Free Member

15-20% here depending on conditions – depends on your weight, how aggressive you ride and the nature of the trails, plus how you run the compression / rebound plus spacers.

julians
    Free Member

I run my 170mm 36 at 30% sag, I tried at 20% and it was way too firm for me, and got no where near bottoming out.

At 30% sag it feels nice, and normal riding gets to within about an inch of bottom out, with jumps/drops to flat using that last inch.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I don’t adjust forks by sag anymore.
    I find it works great for rear shocks but was never a fan of the method for forks. Also, it seems to work even worse for bike with modern geometry.

I start by either the fork manufacturer table or by the rider weight in kg = pressure in PSI. I then go up or down a little depending on feel and travel usage

scruff
    Free Member

Which damper? I was running my FIT 4 as recommended with less sag but have tried more sag and more tokens but settled on less sag and more tokens and it’s plusher and doesn’t dive at all.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

doesn’t dive at all.

This is important for me, less sag and the right compression/rebound reduces brake dive which otherwise at speed is scary and dangerous. Too much sag and you can lose control of the traction.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sag and damping are two different things. I think too many people confuse them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Sag settings’ is closed to new replies.