Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox 36 Grip 2 knocking
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

I’ve notice a knocking which seems to be coming from my forks, feels like the headset is loose over small bumps. I’ve checked the shock bushing,headset and wheel bearing which are all OK so I’ve convinced myself it’s my forks.
    It seems to get worse if I changing the rebound and compression settings.

Any ideas what may be causing this and is it likely they need sending off to Fox to be fixed?

cheers

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yes I’ve had/got this on mine, I only really noticed it on small bumps to be honest, ive had them serviced and it seems better, but still there to some extent, its in the initial bit of travel/sag on the forks as it returns to full length, once it gets deep in the travel I haven’t heard it at all (maybe just cant hear it as descending), its more so when you are climbing/flat on anything with bumps in it I notice it more

it does sound exactly like you say though a headset knock or similar, I can notice it more on mine just pushing down slowly at home in silence, but when out its not as audible with out side elements….

im not sure what it is either as I said mines is quieter after a service but its still defo there

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Under compression or rebound? They did have a bit of a top out clunk for a while.

Mind you, the rate I go through CSU’s on them, I generally cant hear anything other than the constant creaking & cracking

reeksy

My Trace 36 did this when i set the sag based on the weight charts (being lazy), not on actual observation. Basically it needed about 20psi less than the chart.

towzer

Probably not relevant but the knocking on my fox 34s was caused by a centrelock disc being a wee bit loose and the disc moved a bit when bouncing forks with brake on ….

windysurfer
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly, this sound exactly whats happening to mine, I don’t really notice in when on the trail, might be worth me trying a service .cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Grip 2 knocking’ is closed to new replies.