Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox 34mm seal installation tips?
  • cheekysprocket

Over and above the usual socket bodging, edge greasing and freezing techniques? I need them done quicker than the week plus it’ll take for a tool to arrive. I’m about to throw the whole lot across the room in a strop…

honourablegeorge

If you can pick up the Unior tool, its worth the wait, can be had on Amazon so hopefully not a week wIt

cheekysprocket

Out of stock for the foreseeable future. There are others on Fleabay. Perhaps I’ll just have to silence my petulant inner chimp, order one and wait a week to be able to do it properly!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Wait for the tool, its absolutely idiot proof with one of those seal drivers…just did my 34’s the other week with the Unior tool.

honourablegeorge

I can relate to the frustration, definitely think it’s a job worth having the tool for though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I bodged one for my 36 by cutting and filing one of those adaptors that comes with a shimano bb,

cheekysprocket

Calmed the chimp on the ride in to work, and have just ordered one of these. Nowt like the right tool etc indeed. These are 3D printed in the UK, are well reviewed, and it should be here in a few days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264010696311

Ta for the sage advice guys :0)

towzer

I have some plumbing fittings (white kitchen stuff) and I managed to find bits to fit 32 and 34

andy4d

Oooh..I like those eBay ones. I just got the unior ones for my forks but I have a 32mm and a 34mm one both in black and hard to tell apart in the tool box, the different colours would of helped

mechanicaldope

Plastic plumbing pipe worked well fot me. The black stuff

reeksy

I did some 36s yesterday. Was all set up with my plastic pipe and they ended up going in really easily by hand.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34mm seal installation tips?’ is closed to new replies.