Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox 34 stepcast… replace steerer or sell?
  • hooja
    Free Member

I bought/traded a pair of lightly used 2020 34 performance stepcast 29er forks a while ago for a build but now I finally have a frame, the steerer is too short.
    I’m just waiting on prices for replacing the steerer.
    Has anyone done this? Has it worked out ok? Or am I better off just selling them and looking for another pair.

Also, if I sell, how much are they worth? I have no idea? (They are mint, apart from just having a 6”steerer)

johnw1984
    Free Member

I reckon a short steerer will limit your resale value, so it’s a double edged sword really.

From what I’ve seen from RSF suspension, he seems to do lots in a day and I don’t ever recall hearing anything bad.

I’ve got a pair of 32 factory step cast in 650b with a tiny steerer. Not even bothered listing them as the market will probably be tiny.

With the way things are at the moment, you’ll spend just as much trying to get replacements, so I’d go with the steerer replacement.

hooja
    Free Member

Thanks… I just got a price back from rsf and it’s pretty reasonable too, compared to another I have had

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m thinking of using them when my stuff needs servicing to be honest. Hopefully you get your fork sorted and your new bike built soon 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 stepcast… replace steerer or sell?’ is closed to new replies.