Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox 34 Rhythm Fork, 27.5 and 29- how do I change for different wheel sizes?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Morning all…

I have one of these forks on a Cube Reaction 650b bike from 2019. Nice fork, but I may be installing it soon on a 29er.

The label on the side does say “Fox 34 Rhythm 29/27.5”, so it would indicate some adjustability. On the Cube website, its described as “Fox 34 Rhythm Tapered, 15x110mm, 130mm, 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP Damper”

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this is done?

thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does it say 29/275+? It’s the plus that makes the difference I think. 275 plus tyres use the same chassis as the 29. The standards 275 is a different chassis.

happybiker
    Free Member

There’s no adjustment as far the chassis goes, if a 29″ wheel fits with space for mud then it’s compatible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

If in doubt, put the larger wheel in, let the air out of the fork, fully compress and check clearance between tyre and fork crown.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Onzadog- it does indeed say 29/275+. I will test with a 29er wheel as you suggest.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Virtually all 29er forks that are boost will take a 27.5+ as well . You could fit a regular 27.5 wheel in but you will end up with a spectacularly low bottom bracket and a pretty much unrideable bike .

cynic-al
    Free Member

You could fit a regular 27.5 wheel in but you will end up with a spectacularly low bottom bracket and a pretty much unrideable bike .

😀

codybrennan
    Free Member

‘Member
    Virtually all 29er forks that are boost will take a 27.5+ as well . You could fit a regular 27.5 wheel in but you will end up with a spectacularly low bottom bracket and a pretty much unrideable bike’

Odd because this fork is 29/27.5+ but the bike has regular 27.5″ wheels fitted as standard. It doesn’t have a low BB and rides pretty well.

BearBack
    Free Member

Looks like that cube came with 2.6 kendas.. so ‘almost’ 27.5plus.
    Any adjustability beyond the amount of travel, moving between wheelsizes would mean changing the length of the cast lowers. Obv this isn’t happening.

I expect cube have designed the frame to suit the 29er fork geo and given you the option to run a 3.0 tire?

codybrennan
    Free Member

I think you’re right, BB. There’s plenty of room.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 Rhythm Fork, 27.5 and 29- how do I change for different wheel sizes?’ is closed to new replies.