Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox 34 CSU Creak
  • sotonkona
    Free Member

My 2022 Fox 34 Factory fork has the dreaded CSU creak (I have had the headset serviced etc.). I heard was common in the longer travel forks, but not so much in shorter trail forks. The forks are less than 6 months old, I presume this is covered under warranty? Has anyone had any experience of Fox/Silverfish warranty claims – mainly how long does it take? It’s the best time of year to be out on the bike, I don’t want to suddenly find I don’t have a bike for a month or so!! The noise is bloody irritating though and it needs to be sorted.

pobaker
    Free Member

Fox warranty via Silverfish is excellent and fast in my experience.
    Warrantied a set of 36’s twice recently (an un-identified knock), they are 18 months old.

1st time I sent them back, turnaround was literally 1 day (e.g. courier delivered them in the morning, they fixed and sent them back out the same afternoon!) so 3 day turnaround to me inc shipping. new damper fitted.

Unfortunately that didnt seem to do the trick, so they went in again. Again it was certainly <5 working days turnaround from sending them off to having them back in my hand. This time new bushings and whole new CSU – or rather they had fitted a whole new top unit including fresh stanchions and uncut steerer tube.

Obviously not great having to warranty something, but their turnaround and service has been excellent and I now basically have a set of forks where only the lowers and air shaft are the originals.

bigyan
    Free Member

You can phone Silverfish to get an idea of warranty turnaround time, might want to check stock for the replacement. You can just send to Silverfish yourself with proof of purchase, no need to go through a shop.

sotonkona
    Free Member

Great, thank you both, very useful, will give them a shout today

weeksy

on suspension last week their email stated 4-5 days. It was a little less than that for me.

sotonkona
    Free Member

Update. I rang the guys at Fox UK first to check that had the replacement uppers in stock. Once confirmed I sent my 34’s to them on Friday lunchtime. They got them first thing Monday and I got the forks back today. Have to say, top service and no quibbles around the warranty etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.