Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 2014 forks
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Heard that the new Fox 2014s are much better than previous years – anyone running them yet? Specifically the 32 Talas CTD? If so how are they?

Ordered a bike with them fitted but thinking I might be better off selling them and getting some Pikes (34mm) instead.

pipiom
    Free Member

Got the 34 Kashimas on my Tallboy, great so far

Bushwacked
    Free Member

What were you using before?

excitable1
    Free Member

I’ve got the new 2014 34 Talas CTD’s.

They run at a higher pressure than any Fox fork I’ve ran before (130psi) and the Talas system is now completely independent of the damper, which sorts out a few problems they had last year. It’s a fine line getting the sag and rebound right and they needed a couple of aggressive rides out to run them in but now I’m really pleased with them. Easily the best Fox fork I’ve ever had.

The climb mode is a complete lock out so I’m using that on Tarmac and hard pack climbs, the trail mode is ideal for steep rocky aggressive climbs and the descend mode…. fairly obvious really.

There’s certainly a feeling that they’re coping better, previous Fox forks have felt a bit lungey (made up word), particularly when you drop off something big nose first on a techy descent, but these feel like they’re soaking it up more allowing the momentum of the bike to carry through.

I’m in danger of sounding like a bike journo or a Fox sales rep so I’ll leave it there….in short though, give them a chance, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. The Pike fad will be over soon anyway and everyone will be moving on to something else !

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers for the info – I’m getting the 32s on the Spectral and not sure whether they are going to lack a bit of stiffness compared to the Fox 36’s I’m used to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 2014 forks’ is closed to new replies.