• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Found this inside my inner tube?
  • luv2ride
    Free Member

Had a frustrating time trying track down a loud rattle after changing a tube on a road wheel. Sounded just like a bit of metal loose in the wheel rim. Fitted and refitted the tube and tyre three times, each time no rattle from the wheel when no tube or tyre, but loud rattle when fitted. Did my nut in so much I eventually cut the (Continental) tube in half, and found this loose in the tube!

" alt="" />

Seems too small to be part of the main valve, and now I have two unusable halves of a nice new tube 😖….QC issue I think

binman

You found five pence, look on the bright side 😁

Watty

A shilling in old money. True story.

dyna-ti

Encapsulate it in epoxy resin, it can be a lucky keyring 😀

binman

Looks like It is part of a presta valve core.

bruneep

bet the worker at inner tube factory constantly chuckles of the objects he hid in random tubes

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s the bottom half of a presta valve. Someone’s cracked the threaded shaft and just replaced the whole core.

timmys

Found this inside my inner tube?

To answer your question – yes I think you did, but I’m only going on what you’ve told us.

tthew

I used to show a video on vibration analysis training by a bloke who was called in by Cadillac to a really important customers car due to weird vibrations they just couldn’t solve. Turned out some production line worker had put tennis balls split and stuffed with soil in the wheels when fitting the tyres. 😁

It was funnier on the video, the bloke was quite the comedian.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s the core of the core. Can’t imagine a better place for it than in a inner tube

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Found this inside my inner tube?’ is closed to new replies.