Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Found the perfect bike, but…
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

…they’re not bringing it into the UK. Is it still worth going abroad to buy a bike or has foreign travel become too expensive for this to work?

Bike in question is $2900 US

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it a whole bike?

If so and you really want it I would go over for a week and ride every day, when you bring it back don’t declare it. If they stop you tell them you took it with you. You might want to take a bike bag packed with a crappy £20 eBay special on your way out invade they check the manifest. Give away the crap bike when you are over there.

This way you get a holiday and a bike.

dantsw13

Im pretty sure there are companies who you can use as your US address, who will then ship it for you. Obviously you will have tax to pay, but probably cheaper than travelling out specifically.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It is a whole bike. I’m trying to find out if they import it into France or Germany as well.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry I’ve nothing useful to add, but I am intrigued – what bike is it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Specialized roubaix sl4 sram disc.

Catchy name I know.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Have you contacted Specialized UK (or one of the Conept Stores) to see if they can help?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, tried that. Called the local concept store but was told it was a no go.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Yeah, tried that. Called the local concept store but was told it was a no go.

In that case, unless you can find an American (or wherever else you can find it) shop that can get it and are willing to ship it, I think you might need a biking holiday!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like the Germans get it as well.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Check the rest of Europe, especially Germany, first.
    It might be stock Somewhere that’ll post.

TheGingerOne

Oooh, that does look nice. I can see why you want one. Fingers crossed for somewhere in Europe and an internet deal or a cheap trip

Onzadog
    Free Member

It looks really nice. Can’t figure out why specialized uk don’t want to bring them in.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I would give Hargroves cycles a ring they do a LOT of specialized bikes and the race team uses the bike so on very good terms with them.

It might also take some time for speclialized to bring/sell them in the UK.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll give them a shout in the morning. Wife is currently planning various trips now to take in a foreign specialized dealer!

dantsw13

Thats very understanding! Mine would have rolled her eyes with “Its only a f***ing bike!!!”

acehtn
    Free Member

was thumbing through a roadie mag in whsmiths earlier, they do look nice.
    Something a bit wrong about disc’d up road bikes 🙂 didn’t have time to read the write up on it, just look at the glossy photos

Onzadog
    Free Member

That particular bike? Must be a sign. I’ll pop into Smith’s soon as wel. Any idea which mag?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Would you believe it. Getting a better response from Hargrove than I did in a specialized concept store! Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Found the perfect bike, but…’ is closed to new replies.