Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fotopic on here
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

How do you do it?

Help!

knottie8
    Free Member

well its like this …..
    gallery settings
    edit collection
    double click on the pic you want to show
    that will open a new window
    click on the info tab
    copy the direct link url and paste it on stw
    add after it
    I have added a space in the

spooky_b329

Slightly quicker way:

Find photo, no need to sign in. Right click, on Firefox click 'copy image location', on IE click properties and copy the photo's URL.

Then stick it between the IMG tags on here, and remove the bits in bold:

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yut1j3&outx=800&quality=70

The new may also be a number (it used to be, I haven't used Fotopic for a while), also the 5 letters between the '=' and '&' will be different each time, but its those you want to keep.

Then add .jpg to the end, giving you:

http://images.fotopic.net/yut1j3.jpg

Then, fingers crossed, your pic will work 🙂

snakebite
    Free Member

tester

JoeBones
    Free Member

Is FLICKR easier?

MrGreedy

With Flickr you're *supposed* to link back to the URL of the photo page under the community guidelines, not that I often remember. Both Flickr and Fotopic links are fairly quick and easy once you've got the hang of it.

singlecrack
    Free Member

MrGreedy

P.S. there's a "Preview post" button you can use to check it's worked before you go ahead and make your post viewable

sc-xc

Fotopic stopped my account because I was linking here. That, coupled with the clunky interface is why flickr is so much better.

julianwilson
    Free Member

i couldn't hotlink my fotopic pictures to here whatever i tried, so i use flickr now.

uplink
    Free Member

Fotopic is easy

on the Fotopic site
    go to the edit collection page
    just click the photo you want – that will open another window
    click the info tab, copy the URL marked 'Direct Link URL'

On STW
    click the 'IMG' button & paste the copied URL

easy

lowey

Fotopic blows goats. I had a gallery for years. Then one day I linked a pic to a popular thread on STW and bang! fotopic suspends the account for exceeding bandwidth. They simply dont want you direct linking to their site. They even state that they are an online gallery and not be used as an image hosting site. They eventually closed my gallery. They can shove it us their arses as far as I'm concerned. Use Flickr now. much better.

zokes
    Free Member

Flickr is even easier if you use firefox as a browser, install greasemonkey, then look for a greasemonkey script for posting to phorum (this forum's software) boards…

ebygomm
    Free Member

Flickr is even easier if you use firefox as a browser, install greasemonkey, then look for a greasemonkey script for posting to phorum (this forum's software) boards…

Phorumr will work in Opera too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fotopic on here’ is closed to new replies.