Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Forza 4 on Xbox 360 – out today
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Just picked up my copy, hoping to get some ‘miles in’ this weekend. Anyone got theirs home yet & had a race?

Did put a few laps in whilst in HMV earlier – Lancia 037 round Maple Valley, looked, sounded, and drove really nicely!

🙂

BoardinBob

Didn’t like the demo. Felt far too arcadey even on the highest difficultly. Sadly no racing game on the 360 has ever came close to the Gran Turismo series on the playstation 😥

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Boardinbob – interesting, I think GT5 on the PS3 is as dull as dishwater… horses for courses! 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Review in the Metro (worlds leading authority on everything) indicated it was a level above Gran Turismo.

Not bought a game for the xbox for ages as I just don’t have time anymore but I’m tempted by this…

samuri
    Free Member

Sadly no racing game on the 360 has ever came close to the Gran Turismo series on the playstation

I suppose it’s personal preference but Forza 3 and F1 2010 immediately spring to mind as being much better.

Dirt 2 was also excellent.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I think i will get a copy today, i loved the others in the series.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Probably going to get it too. Looks very slick.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Forza is a league above GT, it always felt realistic, unlike GT where you could hold the accelerator, brake and steer at the same time and still win races, whereas Forza would just deposit you in a virtual hedge, backwards.

Best bit of Forza3 is the Porche LM car in the quick race mode on Nurburing (sp?).

Lift off throtte, turbo slows, downforce disapears as speed drops, you go into the hedge.
    Press throttle, turbo spins, you go into the hedge.
    Press brake, wheels lock, you go into the hedge, backwards.

Bucko

I’ve played every game in the series and have been looking forward to this for a while. Forza 4 landed on my door step on friday morning but due to work i’ve only managed to play it for about an hour and most of that was downloading codes and installing add-ons.

I’m nothing special at it but i would love to compare my lap times with people throughout the game, my gamertag is iBucho if anyone wants to add me.

Bucko

samuri
    Free Member

Is it good though? I almost bought a copy today as I’ve loved Forza 2 and 3 because they do feel so realistic. I’ve been put off by the arcadey comment at the start.

Martz
    Free Member

Is it good though? I almost bought a copy today as I’ve loved Forza 2 and 3 because they do feel so realistic. I’ve been put off by the arcadey comment at the start.

Using the simulation settings, things feel a great deal more realistic that Forza 3 imo. There seems to be more steering lock, its much easier to unsettle the car and spin. The Aygo seems to behave pretty much like the real deal, i can’t comment on the supercars.

The sound is immense, especially on the old V8’s, noticeably better than 3.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Same question as samuri from me.

*goes to check IGN*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From IGN:

Like the step up from FIFA 11 to FIFA 12, there’s no going back to Forza 3 now. The changes and updates are too welcome and widespread. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it’s hands-down this generation’s premier racing simulator.

IGN RATINGS FOR FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 (X360)
    Rating Description
    out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
    9.5 Presentation
    An incredibly well put together package; a joy to feast upon.
    9.5 Graphics
    Slicker than a greased weasel. Amazingly detailed cars and beautiful lighting effects.
    9.5 Sound
    Rich and loud; these exhaust notes could tame a T. rex.
    9.5 Gameplay
    A rewarding driving model and the improved AI makes for more intense and satisfying racing.
    10 Lasting Appeal
    There’s really no end to the amount of racing you can do here.
    OVERALL
    Amazing
    (out of 10)

🙂

onandon
    Free Member

It’s not arcadey.

Download the demo and have a play. the full version less snappy on the oversteer and handles very well.

It’s not a sim but far far far better than the like of Dirt 3 etc

audiophile
    Free Member

Singletrack World car club anyone? Friend request hikerpunk if you’re interested.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I played it at my friends. It’s not Arcadey. Really good and miles better than the last GT game. I will buy it at the end of the week.

Bucko

@audiophile

My headset is flat and I can’t find the charger, and I can’t be bother texting on an Xbox controller. What’s the car club? [STW] is already taken, unless that’s you?

Bucko

STWD it is then. We need more members

Cougar

I can’t be bother texting on an Xbox controller.

Plug a USB keyboard in the front.

alba23
    Free Member

Thanks for letting me join 🙂 How can we swell our ranks?

nomakoman
    Free Member

it’s terrible! ridiculous amount of understeer even after excessive tinkering that should result in tail happy handling! Also on a wheel theres no settings to remove a big deadspot at each end of the turning circle! F1 2011 walks all over it as a sim, dirt 3 does the same for gameplay!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Did some more Forza 4 races last night – 1967 Lambo Muira LP400. Hard level opponents, ‘simulation’ steering on, computer opponents upgrades allowed, race class regs turned on = seriously, seriously involving racing! With those settings turned on any slip in concentration had the car going backwards across the gravel.

Excellent stuff imo.

Bucko

Bennyboy1, how do you change the A.I and race reg settings?

samuri
    Free Member

What an absolutely awesome game! Like racing a real car in real race. I’ve never played any other racing that came close to this level of realism before. It’s fantastic.

It started out a bit too easy but now I’m a couple of seasons in it’s just right at maximum difficulty (but with clutch made auto)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Forza 4 on Xbox 360 – out today’ is closed to new replies.