• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • Bez

Another thing I’ve noticed a few times. I seem to have seen it on older threads, but that may just be coincidence.

The first post of a thread sometimes comes out in the wrong place: either mid-thread or at the end. (I have a vague feeling that I once found a thread where the first post was missing completely, but that may just be my memory playing tricks so don’t rely on it.) I’ve not checked whether there are any secondary effects (eg replies going missing or ending up out of order).

Here’s an example, where the original post is displayed as the 11th.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-car-do-i-want-clue-its-not-the-one-i-thought-it-was/

singletracktech

Regarding the button bar …

Cheers Nixie I’ll pass this on to Tech.

Yes thanks for spending your time and pointing this out Nixie. We have a fix for this in place. It seems that this affected our long time users and was due to a user setting introduced into WordPress a while ago which prevented the wysiwyg editor from appearing for you.

If you don’t see the button bar – please try logging on again but that should be not be neccessery.

teethgrinder

I have buttons now!

Drac

Yay!

Cheers to Aracer too for the initial steer in the right direction.

kelvin

Yep, me too. Any chance of a button to turn it off? At least ’till the tinkering with it is finished?

Drac

Oh aye and you Kelvin.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yay…. <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>BUTTONS !!!</span>

oh crap 🙁

AlexSimon

Are RSS feeds ever going to return, or is it considered old?
    I used to use it to get a feed of every post on my ‘Favourited’ threads.

e.g. I used to get posts coming through to this:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/rss/profile/alexsimon

Max…
    Free Member

Not been on STW for a while but WTF has happened to this forum – it looks terrible and is very un-user friendly.

Frankly it’s all been downhill since the good old days of the browny/reddy/greeny forum:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070429120631/http://www.singletrackworld.co.uk:80/forum/list.php?f=2&menu=14&PHPSESSID=8fb27c3fb9d3233e32b98f0d23a7dcc1

See, lovely and clear – all topics lumped in together.  Love(d) it.

nixie

Yay buttons :). Thank you.

cooie

Buttons back here too 🙂

cooie

And preview works!

cooie

No emoticons though.

Drac

No emoticons though.

🤷🏻‍♂️

AlexSimon

Blimey – preview does work!
    (well kinda, BBCode seems to break it, but it’s progress)

salad_dodger

Emoticons would be the final nail in the coffin. What are you, 12 years old?!

Drac

Emotioncons were on here for years.

🤦🏼‍♂️

martinhutch

UnusableUonoandandr

imnotverygood

Starting a new thread in wrong forum (classified wanted) and then editing it to appear in chat results in it appearing with  a chat icon, but still in the classified forum.

zokes
    Free Member

Yay! Buttons.

Yay! Buttons.

Yay! Buttons.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Yay! Buttons.</span>

However. Whilst I can in theory quote, in practice once I’m in the text box it’s impossible to select text outside to to copy in and quote. Also, the usual double space = new sentence seems to have stopped. Both very annoying and worse than no buttons time. Both iPhone with latest iOS.

zokes
    Free Member

…and underline now gives me the joys of all that markup crap. So, two steps forward, maybe two back. Sorry guys, but if the aim is usability then there is still considerable work to do.

Oddly in this post the double space thing works. Perhaps because I’ve not tried any formatting?

h4muf
    Free Member

BUTTONS! #welcomeback

CountZero

The quote function is a bit tricky to get to grips with, I’m not sure how you’re supposed to use it; I’ve had to make a number of amendments to get it right, and I’m still not certain what I did.

Bold, italic, and underscore seem ok, I just highlight the word/s, and tap the appropriate button, not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be done, but it works, but strike through seems to be missing, which is a bit of a pain.

Overall, though, it’s looking much better, guys! 😄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anyone else unable to access from iPad. Same for past week now.

Get basic front page with empty blue bar, some photos and links to sections (look like hyperlinks) that don’t work. So cannot access forum at all

Cougar

It’s not all bad news, then. (-:

Cougar

Are RSS feeds ever going to return, or is it considered old?

RSS was removed because it was broken on the new software.  As far as I’m aware it’ll be returned at some point.

UnusableUonoandandr

Swiftkey is broken.  Try a different keyboard.

Starting a new thread in wrong forum (classified wanted) and then editing it to appear in chat results in it appearing with a chat icon, but still in the classified forum.

Oooh nice catch, I hadn’t spotted that.

Cougar

Oh, and,

Can we not have a brazillian posts going “ooh, buttons” please?  The issue was isolated and should now be resolved for everyone.  If you haven’t got buttons, that’s worth reporting.

Cheers.

Drac

Anyone else unable to access from iPad. Same for past week now.

All good here it’s my main access to the forum.

Cougar

We’ve had previous reports of spurious iDevice problems like this being down to outdated versions of iOS.  Check for updates?

@zokes
    – what platform?

Wookster

Hello!

Will the favourites be fixed at some point? When ever I go to favourites all I see is the current forum posts. Even if I mark a new post as a favourite it won’t show up. Thanks!

cheers_drive

The close button on the image pop up is wider than the page when in portrait  on Android. Needed to Trott to landscape in order to close the box.

Cougar

Will the favourites be fixed at some point?

I can’t answer your question beyond “I assume so” but we’re aware there’s an issue.  Thanks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

iPad my favoured device and been fine all through the development phase…

zokes
    Free Member

@cougar

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Ive not been able to replicate the strange double space / new sentence bug, but selecting text to copy still a pain as soon as I’ve started writing a post.

oink1
    Free Member

That ‘latest stories’ bit thats floating at the side of the screen – Tell me I can get rid/turn it off?? Hate it. Makes everything stutter whilst scrolling.

aracer
    Free Member

Can we not have a brazillian posts going “ooh, buttons” please?

Indulge me given:

Ooh, buttons!

Not sure I helped all that much 😳 but despite the impression some might have I am genuinely interested in helping if I can. I’m also kind of curious exactly what the problem was if it’s possible to give a little more tech info (particularly since I seem to have just picked up a job working with WordPress – any tips? 😆 )

BTW should we have a smiley button? I still don’t have that and inserting them by remembering the text codes.

p.s. not that it’s probably of interest to many but I first noticed because the Chrome extension quote function no longer works – I’ll have to see if that’s possible to fix, but then I assumed the “Reply” buttons would do something similar when TinyMCE was working and it seems they just direct you to the reply box – is there an intention that they should quote the text of the post you click “reply” on (and if not, why not?)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thx cougs. Very helpful

darrell
    Free Member

Maybe I’m blind and useless – probably

but I cannae see in my account/ profile the button that says dont see adverts after logging in

hammyuk
    Free Member

The reply button “should” (if we’re going by every other forum out there) take you straight to the reply box with a flashing cursor. (However this is STW and as we’ve already seen Mark seems to want something completely different to the rest for the world and customers be damned…)

same woth quoting – they all have a “reply”, “quote”, and “reply with quote” button on the bottom of each post.

Seriously – it’s not that hard to do when all the forum softwares out there have multiple capabilities way beyond what this place is giving “or more likely being allowed to give)

also – capitalisation on a new line is STILL borked.

Drac

The primary dev focus currently is on the site’s performance and hosting, therefore there I don’t expect to see any visible changes to the codebase for the next few days. Please continue to report anything new you find, be that issues or feature requests, on the Forum Update sticky. If you have an issue then please remember to specify the platform you’re using (Firefox on Windows, Chrome on Android, Lynx on the ZX Spectrum, etc) as this is a big help.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.