• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • Drac

Certainly worth trying yes.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>How do I stop getting <p> appearing every time I post???</p>

tuttonp
    Free Member

@Drac – Cleared cache, still nada 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

In your profile thing you used to be able to open threads you’ve posted on, it’s now just a list or am I missing something?

Drac

Ah cheers tuttonp for trying that we’ll bring the issue up.

Scruff it’s currently not working the same way so not just you.

Squirrel that’s a new one.

tuttonp
    Free Member

@Drac – Found the problem. I was trying to post with img tags to show images from Flickr, I’m guessing embedded images are not currently supported

Example (that oddly works in replies!!!) -[url=https://flic.kr/p/23MQBK3]IMG_0060[/url] by tuttonp, on Flickr

bigblackshed

A platform issue for me.

iPhone running iOS 11.2.1 using Safari.

I tried quoting some text, copy, paste, tried to highlight the text to clear the formatting using the buttons, but the buttons are covered by the “copy, cut, paste” black bar. Press outside the black bar or minimise the keyboard and the highlighting vanishes. So I can’t remove the formatting.

Also autocorrect is randomly adding words long after I’ve typed them. And not even making sense, just random.

Drac

We’re you posting more than one image in you post tuttonp?

That’s very odd Shed I’ll do some testing tonight.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ok I admit I am not the most tech minded person but the only option I have on my iPad to submit is a box for what ever rubbish I want to add to a post. No options for pictures, video, quotes or even the little band of emojis. Is this part of the brave new world or just a personal problem?

tjagain

Desktop running win 7 and chrome here.  Most times I try to post I get all the weird formatting symbols appear and also when I typed in [ quote= “jambalaya” ] blah blah blah [ / quote ] without the gaps it changed jambalya to andy which is a bit weird

Posting pictures from flickr using their bb code gives you lots of bits of code left over.

5plusn8
    Free Member

How do I get to threads I have replied on? Search doesn’t work, the threads replied on thing doesn’t take me back tot he thread, the reply feature n threads replied on doesn’t work. Do I just scroll through until I find it? Doesn’t this kinda undermine the point of IT?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>How do I get to threads I have replied on? Search doesn’t work, the threads replied on thing doesn’t take me back tot he thread, the reply feature n threads replied on doesn’t work. Do I just scroll through until I find it? Doesn’t this kinda undermine the point of IT?</span>

I’m trying to figure this out also……

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

and what all that is around my attempt at a quote

Jamie
    Free Member

<p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: 1.2em; color: #444444; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Just for you Jamie</p>

Cheers 😀

bruneep

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>Cheers 😀</span>

Aye its seamless now

Drac

Aye its seamless now

Yup still not quite there.

aracer
    Free Member

tjagain wrote:

Desktop running win 7 and chrome here.

I thought you didn’t trust Google with your data? 😉

also when I typed in [ quote= “jambalaya” ] blah blah blah [ / quote ] without the gaps it changed jambalya to andy which is a bit weird

See @jambalaya for explanation for that (click on the link – using @ with a username now automatically adds that link, even for those of us with no buttons – though a suggestion for the devs if they’re listening, it would be really clever if it automatically created a PM or some other notification).

Though I note that I’m no longer using [ quote=username ] tags as the forum now uses < blockquote> as standard when you use the buttons, so I’ve modified the extension to use those (< blockquote> will also nest whilst [ quote] doesn’t). The XXXX wrote: bit is added as plain text by the extension.

Cougar

How do I get to threads I have replied on?

This has been answered a few times now.  Profile / Forums / Replied to.  The Posted…ago link under your post should take you to the relevant forum.

Drac

‘Should’ 😬

tuttonp
    Free Member

@Drac Apologies for the delay, yes I was posting multiple images using BB code direct from Flickr. In the end, the only way I could do it was post the plain text and then ‘edit’ the post to add the img info and show the pics.

This was the post afterwards – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/endura-thermolite-padded-bib-longs/

kelvin

I quite like the button free approach that I see. Wouldn’t mind keeping it, and be forced to just keep typing tags.

IMG tags, and paste feature, now working wonderfully… like it. Everything sizes nicely on all devices.

Editing now plays nicely… also good!

Would like a working preview, and a bigger font in the textarea… or to remember to put my specs on when posting.

Everything else has been mentioned by others, so I assume are on the way later.

metalheart
    Free Member

How do you post videos? Please…

(ipad using iOS 11.2.5)

oh and no link from my reply to thread for me in ‘replies’. Just dumps me back into replies at the next one down..

Cougar

Would like a working preview

I’m reasonably sure that the preview button and the button bar issues are the same problem.  I’ve not yet seen anyone report that they have one working and not the other.

How do you post videos? Please…

Just copy & paste the URL, the editor should work it out.  YouTube links need to be the full URL and not the youtu.be shortened versions.

metalheart
    Free Member

Testing testing 1, 2, 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0h6FBbw8jY

naw, I give up. What URL.share gives the Youtu.be thing and email don’t work neither…

Cougar

Huh.

Cougar

That’s weird.  Did you paste it using the URL button?  Don’t do that, just enter the text.

metalheart
    Free Member

I tried both ways…. with and without.

ended up with format shit putting it in direct…. cut & pasting I mean…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Auto complete words on Android phone/Chrome FUBARed. Selecting a partially completed word enters a totally different one, often gibberish.*

* I know, how would you be able to tell the difference from my usual witterings…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How are we embedding tweets?

Is it [tweet]link[/tweet]?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Drac

Subscriber

We’re you posting more than one image in you post tuttonp?

That’s very odd Shed I’ll do some testing tonight.

Posted that one a few pages back swift key android chrome all latest its properly shit on mobile for me like going back to a button Nokia

Drac

Yes you did but you mentioned swiftkey, it seems it’s not just swiftkey.

Bez

Apologies for not having trawled through the thread to see if this has already cropped up, but I have one point to raise.

Well, as a UX designer I have a truckload, but I’ll spare you the vast majority 😉

It seems like the auto logout comes around far, far quicker than it used to. An ad-free site is something I pay Actual Money for, and whereas previously I was almost always experiencing an ad-free site, now I’m mostly not.

Any plans to change that back?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Even when searching via Google all the post dates are messed up,. Can’t find shit

Drac

Cheers Bez not sure if anyone has mentioned it I know some say they no longer get logged out but I’ll raise it.

nixie

Auto complete words on Android phone/Chrome FUBARed. Selecting a partially completed word enters a totally different one, often gibberish

That’s nothing to do with the forum though. It’s your phone.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, as it only happens when typing in the reply box on this forum, I’d suggest that the phone is just fine.

Bez

Cheers Lee. If you want a figure on that, I’ve come back now and I was logged out, with my previous post showing as “11 hours ago”. So it’s clearly under 12 hours, whereas I think previously it was several days. (iPhone, FWIW.)

Drac

Cheers Bez.

Mark

Forum search update:

We are developing a custom search function for the site and forum as the default search options are not fit for purpose. There are 9 million posts in the forum database and the built in search drags everything down.

The new search will be independent of the site databases using something called Elastic Stack. It’s going to take some time to bring it online as our estimates are that it will take at least 3 days just to index the forum posts. Current estimates are that it could be 5x faster than the old search and won’t have any impact on site performance while it’s being used.

I’ll update when we are ready to turn it on.

aracer
    Free Member

er, Mark, can’t you get the devs to work on some of the other bits of the site which are broken (links to threads you’ve posted on would be one useful thing…*) and just provide a box which links to https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Asingletrackworld.com+forum ? That has always worked better and more efficiently than the search on here (at least until the change in posts per page broke the indexing). Does everything on here have to be custom made and different** to what everybody else uses?

* alternatively can you at least tell me how I can get info direct from the DB using http://singletrackworld.com//wp-admin/admin-ajax.php? and I’ll fix it properly client side
    ** I’m tempted to use an alternative word

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.