Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Forum looks different?
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Logged in this morning (yes it forgot me again) and the forum looks different. Fonts and style maybe as well but the advert placement has totally changed. I have never complained about the adverts as I fully understand why they are needed but they are now appearing between posts on a thread? Anyone else getting this?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s remarkably advert free here (even with an adblocker it looks like a billboard usually.

Much cleaner.

bruneep

. meh 🙄

andermt
    Free Member

Looks worse on my PC at work.

Always used to be able to reduce the window size to keep the adverts off the screen for stealth viewing, the ads now move across with the RH edge of the window, and actually end up covering the threads list. This is on the front threads list page.

Inside a thread it seems okay.

tillydog
    Free Member

Annoying banner that won’t scroll off the screen on Iphone…

Otherwise better.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bring back the red and yellowish one I say.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it 2015 already?

lunge

Hmm, not sure. It’s not letting me zoom in and out with a finger pinch on my iPhone. I think I like I though.

tillydog
    Free Member

And the ‘newesr post’ column has gone, so you can’t see which threads have been updated since you last looked, or jump to the end of the multi-page classics…

cp

The view I’m getting on my phone is rubbish. Chrome on android. Text way too big.

‘smart zoom’ on the traditional forum worked brilliantly, just needed slightly bigger buttons for the posting box.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Cant scale on my android phone either. Bloody rubbish.

unovolo
    Free Member

Adverts at the side are covering half the text on the forum posts, using a windows tablet, also CRC banners all over which is really annoying one is enough.

dawson

Tune association thread is 14452 posts long, but there isn’t a way to get to last page

StuF

Not good for stealth viewing at work.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the “Tubeless CX Tyres” thread is currently

CRC Ad

CRC Ad

CRC Ad

🙄

mechanicaldope

Need to be able to see who started a topic. Some people’s I ignore entirely, others I read no matter how strange the title.

Otherwise, well, let’s see. Change is always a bit strange.

mechanicaldope

Also, how do you go back to the main forum in a single click? Only link back to the bike forum, not the main one.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I needed an incentive to spend less time on here. Christmas came early. Can’t read without glasses now, worse than my bloody management accounts!

mechanicaldope

Might stop giving “feedback” in a moment but, on the actual Singletrack homepage the image:text ratio is far to highly biased towards image. On the forum there appears to be too much space. Not enough use is made of my phone (android with chrome if that make a difference) screens real estate.

STATO
    Free Member

I like the fact the logged in P version has white borders rather than black.

the-muffin-man

I like the fact the logged in P version has white borders rather than black.

It was white borders on my PC at home, but it’s the old black borders on my Mac at work.

DickBarton

Crikey, they can’t seem to win…

On a plus side, I can type first time on the thread without having to switch to desktop mode then back to not-desktop mode, so I’m happy, thanks.

lardman
    Free Member

Works much better on my iPhone.
    Very good ta

binners

Ah…. we quickly descend in to the oh-so-predictable ‘I don’t want to actually pay anything to use the forum, but nor do I want any adverts’

Life is just, like SOOOOOOOO unfair, isn’t it princess?

russyh
    Free Member

I’m loving it, much better on my iPhone and as a subscriber I don’t get litttered with ads perfecto

faustus

A lot cleaner when logged in, so less conspicuous at work!

All the advert moaning from non-subscribers: get a grip for goodness sake. Pay some pennies, and you get a nice ad free experience as well as a digital copy of every ST mag ever.

thepodge
    Free Member

Seems OK on my android and computer but if they want people to not use adblockers then I’d suggest less adverts.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

wow came on here and started getting annoyed with the new format then realized I hadn’t yet logged in and the ads have all gone..brilliant.

well done STW towers

RustyNissanPrairie

How do you find updates to your own threads/posts?

legend
    Free Member

So…. and I’m getting giddy just thinking about it…….. is this the start of The Upgrade?!?!?!

thepodge
    Free Member

is this is the forum equivalent of boost.

Probably better but not really.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Much better for my 53yo eyes 🙂

Larger text needed in edit window too
    Need th singke “forums” button back not just chat and bike seperately

shermer75
    Free Member

Runs a lot smoother on my handheld mobile device. And hasn’t crashed once yet! Woohoo!!! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

It also loads up much, much quicker. Result! 🙂

Kamakazie

Works well for me.

legend
    Free Member

Does need a link back to the main forum though

thepodge
    Free Member

legend – Does need a link back to the main forum though

Click “bike forum” under the top advert

thepodge
    Free Member

RustyNissanPrairie – How do you find updates to your own threads/posts?

Click the menu button then your profile name

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wot Binners said.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Forum looks different?’ is closed to new replies.