• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by crab.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Forum freezing?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Trying to browse the forum on android 11 with a Chrome browser but every so often, the forum page just freezes. I have to close that window and start with a fresh one. None of the other windows are doing this.

Anyone else?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep. Been doing it fairly regularly for the last couple of days for me too.

bridges
    Free Member

I’ve been experiencing this since yesterday; Mac OS 11.6, Safari 14.1.2, and also on Chrome 93.0.4577.82. No significant/noticeable issues on any other websites.

weeksy

Aye, been a bit well, not working for the last few days. I just kinda accept it with this forum.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ditto.

I’ve had to start using a type of browser I’m not allowed to mention, which would suggest it may be an , ahem, advert.

nickjb
    Free Member

Same here. Chrome and opera on Android. Sometimes I have to completely close the browser and reopen it. As above, pretty standard for the forum. At some point it’ll stop doing this and do something else instead

sharkattack

I first noticed it while reading the Prince Andrew thread so I thought the forum was being interfered with by a higher power.

I keep getting a message saying that ‘this page is unresponsive’.

martinhutch

Same here on Android Chrome. Assumed that the normal supply of Eastern European hamsters had been interrupted by Brexit.

(PS – not working at all on Opera mobile, hasn’t for some time – I just get a ‘403 – Forbidden’ error)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup same here on Windows based Chrome, Edge and Android Chrome

grum
    Free Member

It’s just generally really unreliable and shonky for me, a significant amount of the time. I’d agree more freezing recently though.

grum
    Free Member

Lol, posting that (eventually) gave me this

Error: Server Error
    The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
    Please try again in 30 seconds.

ayjaydoubleyou

Unusually, Windows10 + Chrome is terrible, but Iphone + chrome works fine.

Often its the other way around

andy5390

Been a bit slow here. Had a (507??) error couple of days ago, after that went back to being slow again.

Chromebook OS 93 + Chrome browser

theronin
    Free Member

Same here. Seems to me like it’s all these stupid adverts. 9 on this page alone.

franksinatra

Pretty much unusable on iOS safari at the moment, every page just freezes whilst opening.

pat12
    Free Member

its especially annoying when all the ads are the same. got 19 images of the same wetsuit on this page alone.

No problem with having the adverts but almost need an ad-blocker just to be able to post these days.

Oh and i already bought that last week ;-<

bad advertising

ransos
    Free Member

Same here. It’s unusable on my android phone.

Haze

Gave up trying to use it last night, iOS and Safari

Seems okay on the desktop today (W10 and Chrome)

crab
    Free Member

Yes, its been unusable here on my phone for the last few days too. Seems fine using my mac right now.

The levels of adverts have gone crazy- I understand you have to advertise but the forum is now more ad space than anything else. And the privacy/cookies warning comes up on every. single.page….which Ive never seen happen on any other site before. Thats been like that for a while though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Forum freezing?’ is closed to new replies.