Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Fort William WC DH *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
  • bruneep

someone has a tantrum and the mods comply. 🙄

cookeaa

Awwww sorry aioli, or whatever your called.

Although I don’t think anyone actually posted up the final results commented on the outcome, you really didn’t expect us to?

I know you can’t un-see these minor snippets of information but you might consider smacking your head against something solid, see if you could bump the information out of your noggin perhaps…

Next time I see a thread on a WC race I’ve just finished watching I’ll be sure to check you’re up to speed before daring to comment. don’t think we gave much away, all you really need to know is that nobody predicted the outcome in men’s or womens.

Of course if you have time for a light troll, you probably have time to catch up on redbull TV, spin through the filler and first 20 runners they show, watch the end and then furnish STW with your wonderful insights on WC DH racing… Or to sign up to another MTB forum…

iolo
    Free Member

Reading a thread that was started yesterday about the odds William hill were giving I did not expect the result.
    Maybe I’ll start a thread on the Canadian GP and post the results.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Go for it, I can’t see it being a problem.

(Unless you forget you started it)

Drac

someone has a tantrum and the mods comply.

No. We added a warning as courtesy warning for other users. Ironically the thread was drawn to attention by others having a tantrum at iolo.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Are you new to the internet iolo? It’s a thread about the Fort Bill WC, betting or not, it was bound to contain results after the event had finished, even if people were still talking about the better.

So long as the thread title doesnt contain spoilers I don’t see a problem. Go off and start an F1 thread, anyone wanting to avoid the result wouldn’t be clicking on it if they had any sense at all.

edward2000
    Free Member

I hold my hands up, it was me ‘having a tantrum at iolo’ I reported his post citing idiocy.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Great to see some of the younger riders do well.

Gutted for Manon, she was looking quick before her puncture.

Good to see Hill back on form too….he looked quick and super smooth through the top section.

bruneep

Reading a thread that was started yesterday about the odds William hill were giving I did not expect the result.

What did you expect a thread about how the odds fluctuated up and down?

Better crack on with GP thread it’s just about to start.

cookeaa

Does that mean you will be busy on another thread? If so, go for it…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Quite simply the greatest race day of my life, the best spectacle on earth. Stunt planes, DH racers, sunshine and atmosphere.

Phenomenally spectacularly unequivocally brilliant. The sport at its finest.

Liking bikes doesn’t get better than that.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ooh, check you Northwind

“owed her one from windham”.

That’s what I thought.

dannyh
    Free Member

Another great Warnerism today.

“Regardez la time” when a French rider posted a decent time.

Quite an interesting race, that. Excellent stuff from Sam Dale on the ‘motorway’ section. It was a good all round test of riding and fitness by the look of it. I’m not sure that downhill races should be decided on sections like that, but there it is. It seemed like the riders took the view that you could only lose the race in the rocks at the top, so they seemed to be backing off a bit there. Nice to see Sam Hill back in some nick as well.

Overall though, as a complete test it looked to sort the men from the boys in terms of weeding out riders who are just either about pedalling or totally gravity dependent.

dannyh
    Free Member

P.S. When will Brendan Fairclough get his head down and do some fitness work?! That guy is just too talented not to win a World Cup race, but that is the way it is looking right now. Hart and Blenkinsop are his equal on the really techy stuff and in the wet, so he has got to step it up!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had £10 on Minaar. He went I to the lead and then they said it was starting to rain. I’d practically spent the winnings when…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great race, now paying for the fact it started at 11:15pm our time…

Good to see a shake up out there, gutted for Hill but good one Troy. As for the DQ the marshalls need a firm briefing on stuff especially after what happened in Cairns about what is not allowed. It’s the sort of thing that can cost the women a lot as they still get points down there.

legend
    Free Member

I would say that the responsibility lies with the professional/expert rider rather than the amateur marshal

iamroughrider
    Free Member

anyone spot the ‘singletrack’ banner. Always a great race, although shame about the GB Ladies.

legend
    Free Member

anyone spot the ‘singletrack’ banner.

They were all over the place, couldn’t miss them

gavstorie
    Free Member

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Troy was on BBC Scotland TV news this afternoon.

That should be very good news for the event as a whole. Aside from keeping the sponsors very happy- RedBulls clear presence and Monsters none, Silverline etc- to see DH on Tele is pretty incredible.

If just one person watches and goes “Im going to THAT next year” job done.

peabrain
    Free Member

I went for the first time on Saturday as my middle boy was riding in the youth mini downhill. I really enjoyed the whole thing, absolutely brilliant fun.

13thfloormonk

Phew, wrapped up a monster day hiking with the edited highlights, although had to click on Pinkbike with squinted eyes to avoid seeing any podium shots!

Was disappointed with the Camera placement, saw very little of the middle 50% of the course.

The motorway section got a bit boring to watch by the end, when I raced Ft William way back when, there was a much more entertaining end to the course, roots, rocks and mud, although it did require a short, flat pedal along the puggy line which was a bit brutal.

Shame about Danny Hart, that was exactly the sort of run I was hoping to see from him (well, the snippet we saw from the top anyway).

acehtn
    Free Member

Also not a fan of the current motorway, prefered it before it was changed.

However you can tell who is knackered at that point by body langauge on those jumps 🙂

The new water jump looked neat, maybe that will be left open for daytrippers ( woods below big wall ride rocky horror section )

PrinceJohn

So regarding outside assistance – if someone falls over & is tangled within the bike & looks like they could be injured & a marshall or spectator assists them to get up, but they’re OK to carry on down the course & finish would that count as a DQ?

legend
    Free Member

The motorway section got a bit boring to watch by the end, when I raced Ft William way back when, there was a much more entertaining end to the course, roots, rocks and mud, although it did require a short, flat pedal along the puggy line which was a bit brutal.

The old way had a flat 90 degree turn onto a completely flat (and fairly long) path that then just turned right and fired you straight down the hill. Even 10+ years ago anyone half decent made that look like a walk in the park.

The new water jump looked neat, maybe that will be left open for daytrippers ( woods below big wall ride rocky horror section )

That was new last year. It, and the road gap, are closed away from the World Cup

joat

Great entertainment from Danny. But I can’t help but wonder if that manual over the bridge slowed him down a little. Still, it was bloody brilliant heart in mouth stuff. Wife says we can, nay must go next year.

acehtn
    Free Member

Ah, missed the WC last year and never raced there last year 🙂 so the water jump is new to me, but a WC only bit then, oh well means i can’t case the jump and get a wet bum when i land in the stream 🙂

willard

It may have been done before, but saw this video this morning from Fort William. Awesome!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igp9sJkuAnU[/video]

PrinceJohn

A couple of images from the weekend….

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Fort William WC DH *CONTAINS SPOILERS*’ is closed to new replies.