Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Fort William WC DH *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Live on redbull TV on Sunday! Ladbrokes are giving Greg Minnaar 16/1 for the win. Considering he’s the most successful racer at Fort William it might be worth a punt. Ladbrokes are also giving Sick Mick 20/1 for the win… Guess they haven’t read the news recently

What are your predictions for the weekends race?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Rain

legend
    Free Member

People bet on DH races??

welshfarmer

What happened to Ratboy??

edward2000
    Free Member

^ i think he punctured

andypandy85
    Free Member

Ratboy FTW!!

maxtorque

Thanks god the qualies weren’t as rider breaking as free practice. Get well soon to Sic Mick and Miranda Miller !!

kendo954
    Free Member

what times it on tomorrow (on-line)

maxtorque

I was thinking earlier, there can’t be too many other sports where the difference between a win/podium and a season ending injury is so incredibly narrow!

maxtorque

No spoilers, but the Womens races has turned out a bit toppsey turvey!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-08/stephen-moore-out-for-12-months/5508424?section=sport -season ending you say?

Anyway Miami and Manon for the win

Northwind

Ah **** you Red Bull Sidebar of Spoilers! FFS

BoardinBob

No spoilers, but the Womens races has turned out a bit toppsey turvey!

Is it just me or is the coverage from Red Bull crap this year? I’m sure in years gone past we got to see qualifying and the full womens and mens races, but so far this year it’s been poor.

chvck
    Free Member

It’s since Red Bull started showing it instead of freecaster(?), I swear that there are less and poorer camera locations too.

acehtn
    Free Member

Hit and miss when it was freecaster for me, mostly it wouldn’t work, when it did it was higher res.
    The redbull feed just worked fine, but it was lo-res and blurry/pixely for me 🙁

Still….
    Ladies racing was good, wonder if 3 of them use the same tyre 🙂
    Keep it mixed for the rest of the races, still anyones title to chase after.

edward2000
    Free Member

Haha Rob Warner, ‘Is there a detective in the arena because Troy just murdered this course…’

daleftw
    Free Member

What were Troy Brosnans odds? Shame Danny Hart couldn’t get the win.

daleftw
    Free Member

And what was Rach Atherton DQ’d for?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wow. Just farking WOW!

kimbers

Yeah did seem to be fewer cameras on track

Felt a bit sorry for Sam Dale and gee looked gutted but Gwinn just looked so smooth going through the rocks at the top

But troy fair dos ….

leffeboy

And what was Rach Atherton DQ’d for

I’m not sure but it looked as though someone (a marshall?) tried to help her untangle her chain.

The speed they were going down at looked incredible

acehtn
    Free Member

Rach was DQ’ed ?

She got a flat rear tyre, stopped to clear the wheel, a marshall helped her, then she rolled on down to the finish.
    I assume because the marshall was filmed “helping” then that could lead to a DQ, even though the race run was toast, she would still have a final position because she crossed the line.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Rachel Atherton was DQ’d for receiving outside help when she was having trouble yanking her chain out of her chain ring. I would have though they would have known that would have done for her.

Danny Hart’s manual was ridiculous as was his whole top section. Amazing.

cookeaa

What were Troy Brosnans odds?

Pretty good as fastest qualifier…

I’m really pleased to see Hill apparently back on the bubble, Hart held up the British end of things in the end good on him.

All the tips for Bryceland didn’t quite materialise did they, you can’t judge everything on just the last round.

Same Dale had a good afternoon, sat on the podium for quite a while there…

Can’t help wondering if some of the “big names” were holding back a little after Hannah’s tumble, not wanting to write off the rest of their season for one podium…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Haha Rob Warner, ‘Is there a detective in the arena because Troy just murdered this course…’

Yes, yes there is. Although he might be in the VIP tent rattling through the pastries.

chvck
    Free Member

That was a great race. Gutted for the top British women though, what are the chances of that?!

acehtn
    Free Member

Wondering what wheel size Troy and Gwinners demo’s had 🙂 Steve Smith had 650b

Northwind

Possibly they DQ’d Rachel because they owe her one from Windham

cookeaa

Possibly they DQ’d Rachel because they owe her one from Windham

Did seem a touch harsh, was that not a Marshall helping pull bits of inner tube out of the cassette? Hardly delivered her a win did it…

acehtn
    Free Member

Didn’t help her win, but by crossing the line she could have gained points, so being helped by a marshall got her rolling again faster perhaps than if she sorted it herself, so it would be pointed out that she gained from being helped. Rules is rules.

Bet Ragots team loved that after Windham 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Thanks for not spoiling it for everyone who didn’t see it yet.
    Starts off as a gambling thread and now we all know the result.
    Fan bloody tastic for those of us too busy to watch it live.
    Edit mods maybe sort the thread out for others. Ta very much.

andypandy85
    Free Member

^ douche. Don’t open a WC thread if you don’t want to see the results etc…

edward2000
    Free Member

^ You’ve got to be kidding iolo

bruneep

oh dry yer eyes..why click on the link then?

chvck
    Free Member

Gotta be trolling, you’d a) not click the thread and b) very tentatively scroll down it until you saw anything that might be related to a result and close the window…

acehtn
    Free Member

Ladies results are on the front page with a podium photo 🙂

Only tells the first 10 times though and who DNF/DQ

Blokes will appear shortly…..

mactheknife

Iolo, you are douche of the day, what did you expect when you opened a thread on the DH world cup?

😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

….which has on the title “contains spoilers”!!! 😕

chvck
    Free Member

tbf that’s only just been added!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Fort William WC DH *CONTAINS SPOILERS*’ is closed to new replies.