Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fort William WC Cancelled
  • BoardinBob

Im really hoping it’s an April fools but it doesn’t read that way from the email. Said they’re exploring a possible later date 🙁

nbt

https://fortwilliamworldcup.co.uk/

home pages says it’s true

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

They where going to go ahead without fans. Maybe by cancelling and putting it on later in the year it will go ahead with spectators 🤞

daviek

I was will I wont I at the turn of the year and ended up not booking. Gutted it’s not happening but hope it goes ahead later in the year.

Northwind

Not shocked tbh. I get the argument for world class sport to go ahead but even without crowds (and that itself isn’t as easy as just saying “no crowds”) it’s a hell of a lot of people to be moving around the country just for a bike race. Hopefully it can be run later, better.

OTOH it’s more days for normal riders 😉 The uplift reopens “the week of” April 26th, they don’t have a day yet. The new uplift blue isn’t ready yet but set for summer opening. If the world’s best aren’t allowed to come race then it’s up to the world’s most average to fill their place right?

daviek

If the world’s best aren’t allowed to come race then it’s up to the world’s most average to fill their place right?

I like this 🙂

Any idea when in the summer the new blue is likely to open?

Northwind

I don’t think they know yet tbh, just saying “summer”.

scotroutes

I think summer is a Wednesday this year.

Jordan

scotroutes

I think summer is a Wednesday this year

Is that across the UK or just Scotland?

kelvin

Our English summer was this Tuesday.

stanfree
    Free Member

Would be great if resheduled as was booked up and really missed it last year . Still should have the EWS to look forward too.

daviek

Anyone heard any rumours about the World Cup? I get the emails but was hoping we’d have heard something by now. I’m hoping not hearing anything means it’s getting a chance to be rearranged.

greeny30
    Free Member

Hopefully no world cups are rescheduled for October, November ever again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fort William WC Cancelled’ is closed to new replies.