Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fort William road trip advice
  • cnud
    Free Member

I fancy a long weekend Fri-Mon type of road trip up to Fort William and Laggan to ride the trails. Is it worth trying to coincide this with the World Cup DH race? Who’s done this and do you have any suggestions? It’s probably a once in a lifetime trip for me now as I’m knocking on a bit and it’s a fair old trek from the Midlands! Thanks

revs1972
    Free Member

Did it back in 2005 . Flew from Bristol to Inverness then hire car to Fort William. Beautiful drive alongside Loch Ness. Stayed in a small B&B in FW
    We managed to find somewhere to park close by to watch the nighttime 4x race, then caught one of the laid on buses from FW on the Sunday to watch the downhill.
    Great weekend and a lively atmosphere in FW on both Saturday and Sunday night
    ( wouldn’t have a clue if they still do the buses though)

cnud
    Free Member

Ok, thanks interesting stuff. Was planning on riding as the first priority but the WC DH definitely is an option.

garlando

Drove up from sussex Friday morning. Lap of glentress that evening. Innerliethen the following morning then on to Glencoe to camp Saturday night. Sunday at the race, Sunday night in spoons in fort William. Drove home Monday. Great weekend. Highly recommended.

cnud
    Free Member

Oh, now that sounds appealing!

alishand

Definitely worth doing. As per the above, but consider adding in the trails around the nevis range at Fort William, including the ‘puggy line’. There is loads of off-piste and way marked trails which centre of the puggy, so just go and explore. We did a similar WC / ride double header two years ago and it was a brilliant weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fort William road trip advice’ is closed to new replies.