fort william gondola prices?

Home Forum Bike Forum fort william gondola prices?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fort william gondola prices?
  • carlphillips

looking at going in the summer, the nevis website has only £… on the prices page so can anyone enlighten me as to how much a multi day (4) pass would cost for riding..

cheers

Day rate multiplied by 4 would be my guess. I've been a few times and never seen a multi-day rate before.

carlphillips

whats the day rate? it doesnt mention that either? just has a pound sign there

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

Think it was £25 for the daypass in 2009, assume that there'll be a rise this year?

carlphillips

thats pretty reasonable, how many runs per day do you get on average?

cheers for the reply

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

we got 7 in June.

the WC course took a little longer than the red, not surprising as it's obviously been built for Steve Pete etc and not normal people on a 5" bike 😕

carlphillips

thats pretty good,

was thinking about that many on the wc course the pros do it in 6mins approx eh? so factor in our pussying around then you could add at least 30-40secs on top of that 😉

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Sub 5 minutes for the WC. Or forever, for normal people 😉 Around 15 minutes for the red.

Most people seem to lose a lot of time fannying about at the bottom, I was off the slope and straight back in the gondola queue, but when I stopped for lunch I saw groups sit around for 20 minutes then complain about having to wait for their ride 😉 Back in the gondola, eat on the way up if you want, and if you must fanny about, do it at the top. I made a late start but still got 8 runs of the red + bottom of the DH in, could've done more with a shorter lunch and more still if I'd got out of bed on time 😉

carlphillips

as we'll be driving up from plymouth, we'll not be fannying around much as we want to get the most out of the trip, so like you say, off at the bottom and straight back in the queue for another go, i can't wait!!!!
    i'll keep looking at the nevis website to see if they update the prices and opening/maintenance/racing days, dont want to drive all the way up and not be able to use the lifts!!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Here's some info I got from them, might be of use… The website is good but not always bang up to date. I didn't ask about the price, tbh I don't care that much, within reason.

"The uplift opens again on Saturday 8th May, however there is an NPS race on that weekend which means the orange track is closed and there will be limited uplift for the red. Other dates are:

Week commencing 31 May – tracks will be closed until Monday 7 June in preparation for the UCI World Cup.

Week commencing 21 June – tracks will be closed in preparation for the World Cup Trials open again Monday 28 June.

24 Jul track closing early for 24 hour endurance race.

11/12 September SDA race, again orange is closed and red will have limited uplift.

That’s it for now but check our website for further updates and possible maintenance days.

Regards

Nevis Range Administration"

duir

I don't think they do multi day passes as such more like buy a new multi uplift ticket each day. This can work out well but you have to get there at the start of the day and it doesn't stay open too late either. Also keep an eye on the weather as many times I have had my multi-day ticket only to find the gondola closes to bikes due to weather after just a couple of runs.I usually do the season ticket which I think was £41? last year and then it's £15 per day and as many runs as you can fit in.This is good value for me as I go there once a month in season but not good value for an occasional visit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fort william gondola prices?’ is closed to new replies.