Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fort William dwellers – 3G signal any good ?
  • hels
    Free Member

Heading up there next weekend for the bike race but need to get some proper work done that requires internets.

Will I get a signal on my (phnarr) dongle ?? Have just (ahem) topped it up. I have a (oo-er) long extension for it and won’t be the first time have had to wave it out the window.

Cheers

bigboxweebox
    Free Member

There is wifi in the cafe at fort bill I think

hels
    Free Member

Really ? Which one ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

I got no 3G on Vodafone there on Sunday. I was at the ski centre and the town centre near the bus station.

Some hotels have wifi as well, might be worth checking their sites.

Drac
    theredchili
    Free Member

Grog & gruel has free WI-Fi , in the centre of town

hels
    Free Member

theredchili – now you are talking ! Wonder if they do breakfast.

Thanks Drac – but I have been disappointed by the claims on those websites before.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Brewers Fayre has it FOC, was there last week

Stu_N

Three worked a few weeks ago when Fi and I were there – indoors and out. We were just in town centre, didn’t go out to Nevis Range.

The cafe above Nevissport has free wifi too.

peajay

Hi, 3G on 3 is pretty good, 3G on O2 is hit and miss in the town and as far as I’m aware Vodafone is a nonstarter and Orange I can’t comment as I don’t know, I have my phone on O2 and IPad on 3, so these I know for sure,
    PJ,
    ps the midges have been hellish lately!

hels
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up. Will get some deet. Anyway, it will prollys rain that always keeps them down.

Sounds like will be able to dangle my dongle successfully anyways, thanks to the locals.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m on virgin which uses t-mobile and orange. At glen nevis campsite, 3g was patchy but usually ok. In Fort William town centre, I got full strength 3g signal no problem at all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fort William dwellers – 3G signal any good ?’ is closed to new replies.