Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fort William DH 2020, accommodation recommendations.
  • rockhopper70

Looking to take my lad to watch this next year and hoping for some suggestions where is good to stay. I’m assuming that anywhere in town will be OK for access to the event village and lifts etc?

Thanks

riklegge

There’s a free bus from town to the bottom of the hill, staying in town is great if you want to be able to head out in the evening.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Town is good but book as early as possible as prices get ridiculous. Brilliant weekend though.

mashr

I assume you’re wanting to stay in/near Fort William? Otherwise camping somewhere like the beach at Arisaig is very cool (or miserable of course coz Scotland). The next morning you just drive to the park and ride at the High School

kennyp
    Free Member

The new hostel just built in Glen Nevis looks stunning. If you have bikes there’s a good path all the way out to where the race is.

Be aware that Fort William itself is a bit of a dump.

CraigW
    Free Member

If you want to stay bit out of town, could go for Spean Bridge. Also a bus from there to the event. Or some tracks through the forest.

duncancallum

Look at bunroy they have chalets as well as camping

toblerone1

Just found this thread. I hoping to head to the Fort William WC next year. I see tickets are on early bird discount until the end of today.

Can anyone recommend a hotel up to an hour away? Also are both Saturday and Sunday worth attending or just one day?

Cheers

T

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

We have stayed at great glen water park the last 5 or 6 years it’s a bit of a drive, 30 minutes or so but the views are good so I don’t mind the drive we get a cabin that sleeps 6/8 for about £350 for fri/sat/sun nights so about £20 a night each 3 bedrooms and a kitchen and decent size lounge to hang out in after the compulsory trip to Morrison’s in fort Bill. pub/restaurant and swimming pool on site and great views of the loch it’s nice and chilled compared to the places near fort Bill.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fort William DH 2020, accommodation recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.