Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fort William accommodation
  • MussEd
    Free Member

No not for hairy arsed mountain bikers. Taking my now steam train obsessed boy on the Jacobite for his birthday in September, and looking for somewhere within 30 mins of the Fort. Family of four of us, my wife is keen it’s somewhere nice*.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Cheers!

*btw Inverlochy Castle is definitely out of budget…

scotroutes

Nice.
    Fort William.

Nope – sorry. Does not compute.

How about Ballachullish/Glencoe?

MussEd
    Free Member

They’re within 30 mins aren’t they? So whatcha got? Stayed at the Clachaig before but pre-kids, so maybe a lodge/chalet affair would be good.

NB Cannae go bivvying with a 6 month old Druidh!

Northwind

Last time i was up I stayed at The Braes at Spean Bridge, which was really nice- good people, excellent price. Rooms weren’t massive but there was a good communal room and a nice wee bit of run-down garden.

sleepless
    Free Member

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g551920-d4116586-MARINE_COTTAGE_fantastic_views_en_suite_facilities_eco_friendly_in_Strontian_Ref_23970.html

swimming in the lock is brisk but has otters and seal, plus loads of deer on the way to the ferry. bit of a dump. Strontiam is peacefully out of it.

scotroutes

Nice chalets at Invercoe campsite. They also have wooden “hobbit” houses if you want a bit more basic.

The Glencoe Hotel has recently re-opened. We ate in there a few weeks back and it looks great. The Isles of Glencoe Hotel is quite nice too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have a look at Glencoe House. Posh but not Inverlochy Castle prices. Cracking job they’ve done on the place.

Ballachulish Hotel is quite pleasant.

thegreatape
    Free Member

BTW Glencoe House is not the same place as Glencoe Hotel. Nice folk running both though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fort William accommodation’ is closed to new replies.