Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fort Bill campsites for DH world cup
  • robarnold
    Free Member

A mate and I are heading up to watch the action,neither of us have any Fort Bill experience so would welcome any recommendations for campsites in the area. Very much back to basics, so doesn’t need to be fancy, just two blokes in a tent trying not to be eaten alive by midges

km79
    Free Member
    robarnold
    Free Member

Fully booked

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpineharry
    Free Member

There’s one just up from spean bridge, can’t remember the name but it’s pretty good, stayed there a couple of years ago.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

They always have space, especially if you head up on the Friday I’ve been about 5 times, stayed there every time and never seen anyone turned away!

robarnold
    Free Member

Ok thanks Ashy, driving up from the north east on the Friday night so whether it’s dark or not we’ll be there before sunrise Saturday

bullroar
    Free Member

There is a good one at Roybridge, also reasonably handy for a trip to Laggan on the way home. Stayed there during the WC a few years back, was assured it would be heaving for the weekend but nowhere near full in practice. There is a reasonable pub a few minutes up the road and you can get the train into The Fort all be it a rather limited service.

http://www.bunroy.co.uk/

euain

Lochy Campsite is good. Well placed for cycling or P&R to the event. Bit of a hike into town for the evening though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Echo spean bridge, nicer place than FW tbh…

Spin
    Free Member

I always think Fort Bill is very poorly served by campsites especially given its location and how it sells its self.

thegreatape
    Free Member

This is the only event that really tests the capacity of the local campsites though, and accommodation in general I guess.

iain1775
    Free Member

Wild Camping at Torlundy Farm,
    Telephone: 07909 510639

You don’t book in advance just turn up
    It is usually pretty wild, they have bands playing etc its just a farmers field with a few portaloos and the year I stayed there the field got pretty wet (it was very wet in 2015 though that was the year qualifying got postponed from Saturday to Sunday morning because of the torrential rain)
    Is at the bottom of the forestry track that leads directly to the world cup village so a relatively easy (uphill) 30 minute walk to the action

Stayed at Glen Nevis too, far more refined and quieter but you need to drive or cycle to the venue as its a way out the other side of FW (traffic is a nightmare through town). I would be very surprised if they are fully booked I thought they held a decent number of pitches back for ‘pay on the day’ arrivals

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fort Bill campsites for DH world cup’ is closed to new replies.