Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Formule 1 Hotels and bikes….
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

Mornin’ all.

We are planning on driving down to the Alps this summer and were thinking of splitting the journey by stopping off in Dijon for the night. There is talk for shacking up in a cheap Formule 1 hotel, and the small bit of research we’ve done suggests that they are happy for you to take bikes into your room. Has anyone on here done this or had problems when trying to get their bikes in their rooms?

Also, do Formule 1’s have someone on a front desk or is it just like one of those computerised storage shed things?

Many thanks.

z1ppy

the small bit of research we’ve done suggests that they are happy for you to take bikes into your room

I saw this done, but this was a couple of years ago, it’s cheap and cheerful accomodation. We left our in the van, in a secured compound, so felt pretty secure

do Formule 1’s have someone on a front desk or is it just like one of those computerised storage shed things?

Depends on the franchise owner, but the couple we visited, one was un-manned during the evening/night so you can do what you want (take note of that “pin” code, as trying to find it late at night ain’t a good thing) & the other was manned but the manager was very laid back – this is where we saw the bikes being taken in

thepurist

Motoe GP’s are better 😀

aP
    Free Member

I prefer the Buffet de Delice at Campanile, but have taken bikes into rooms at most motels/ hotels.

nickf
    Free Member

Have taken mine into the room. No real space to swing a cat, so wheels had to come off to sqeeze them in and still be able to sleep in the bed. Some funny looks when I walked the bikes down the stairs in the morning as well, but no issues.

Mackem

I’ve always left mine in the car. The car parks seem pretty secure.

hels
    Free Member

You will find that Europeans have a much better attitude to the bicycle. In fact they will probably roll their eyes at the ignorant “roastbeefs” if you abandon them in the car.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guy’s.

Oh, and The Purist – don’t be daft, they used to be great – they were good a few years ago – but now all seem half empty and with little excitement! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formule 1 Hotels and bikes….’ is closed to new replies.