Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Formula T1 reviews?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone running these? Thinking about upgrading from my K18 Oro’s to the T1’s.

Merlin seem a good price – 54% off, $267 AUD + and extra 10% off in checkout so $249 (145 quid) and includes 180/160 rotors

Any thoughts?

They’ve also got the RX’s also with 180/160 discs for about 20 bucks cheaper.

gavstorie
    Free Member

I have a set on my cube with 180 rotors all round… My personal opinion are that they are fantastic.. Plenty of power and great control characteristics..

I would certainly recommend them

chakaping
    Free Member

T1 are awesome brakes. Light, bucketloads of power, usual good reliability.

I paid £170 for mine when CRC had a deal and thought they were a bargain, your price is unbelieveable. (You don’t mean the T1 “S” model do you?)

I actually had RXs on a bike I’d taken to Alps and they were woeful by comparison, gave me arm pump for first time in years. Swapped over for the T1s asap.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah, yeah. T1s….. I thought it was plural – T1’s as it was a brakeset.

So what are the diff’s between the T1 and T1s then?

(I think the price is related to having VAT knocked off when purchased outside of UK)

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno what the difference is, but I’m talking about the T1.

I’m sure it’s still an awesome brake though, especially with rotors included at that price.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone else know the diff between the T1 and T1s?

Must admit, I’ve loved my Oro’s they’ve been fantastic. Have been looking at SLX too but there’s just something about Formula brakes I like. The SLX and XT I’ve tried on other people’s bikes just seem off/on and nothing inbetween. Looks like I’ll be buying when I get home from work. (Public Holiday today in Oz – Queen’s Birthday?)

Northwind

Is it the latest T1? The outgoing model was pretty much superb- xc light, dh powerful… Love mine.

T1S is I think The One calipers on an RX lever- wrong way round IMO, not sure I’d buy that unless the price was very good. (the R1S is the other way round, nice levers on cheaper calipers, makes more sense)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cant really tell from the pic on Merlin’s site but I think the levers dont have reach adjustment dial (perhaps like the K18’s it’s a small allen bolt to adjust them?). I imagine it’s older version of T1 hence the hefty discount. Had a quote to service my K18s and rebleed which is about $70 + postage. I figure I may as well spend a bit more and get a full new set then get the K18’s serviced once I’ve got more parts for my commuter project.

chillidave
    Free Member

It’s definitely RX levers and T1 Calipers (I asked them), I thought this made sense if the power is generated by the larger caliper. I’m very tempted by a set, although £80 more for a set of Formula R0s are also a very good deal.

Here is the only ‘s’ specific review I could find.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah had overnight to think about it and just ordered the T1s from Merlin with rotors. Can’t ignore such a deal.

Review to follow…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Formula T1 reviews?’ is closed to new replies.