Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Formula Ora K18 problems
  • clareymorris

Guys,
    I remember talk of replacing the O ring when the brakes fail, but it was on the old forum 🙁
    I’ve a couple of questions if anyone can help me?
    Is there more than 1 O ring in each side?
    If so, which is the one everyone was talking about replacing!!?
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Clare.

julianwilson
    Free Member

errrrr…..

there are o-rings in the ‘banjo’ hose fittings. There are also a little one in each bleed port (which i think there was a couple of threads about on old forum), and big ones which are the piston seals: one on each side of the calliper.

the one everyone was going on about was the tiny one in the bleed port which is apparently quite easy to lose or break. they are £2 or so each on crc and so I think someone sourced a hundred or so from somewhere and was sharing the love :).

But i’ll be jiggered if i can remember who it was.

clareymorris

Of course I meant Formula Oro not Ora – flippin styping skills!!

JW I did ask that person who was sharing the love but didn’t get any love back!
    Apparently CRC are out of stock at the mo, hopefully getting them in at the end of the month…..but it defo sounds like the one everyone was mentioning. Just thought it was a good place to start afer many bleeds not making any difference!

sadexpunk

er……it was me sharing the love, but i dont remember any contact from you clarey. i was contacted by someone before xmas, and sent them a couple but im sure it wasnt you.

ive still got some if you do want a bit of love 🙂 mail me on my username at gmail dot com and we’ll swap details.

you say tho that a few bleeds havent made a difference. can you check that the o ring is still intact or not? if its still there in one piece, id say you may be better looking at a different reason.

cheers

crispybacon
    Free Member

Clarey I have some K24’s which played up after only 4 months & the problem was with a seal in the reservoir/lever area reacting to the brake fluid. I’m led to believe that Propel are aware of this problem & mine was sorted under warranty with the fitting of another seal by Propel. I must say that they are now excellent brakes once again :o)

seven
    Free Member

iirc the original post (one of them anyway) was about what crispy said

clareymorris

Hi sadexpunk – yay I want the love!!
    I think I replied to another persons post about their brakes where you offered them the love, rather than contacting you directly so no wonder you missed it 🙁
    I would be chuffed to bits if you had one going spare, just let me know how much you want. I will get the existing ring looked at anyway. I’ll email you now 😀

Crispy would the fact that I have put different hoses on be a problem as far as the wattanty goes?

Cheers guys, Clarey.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Clarey. On the warranty front & replacing the hoses etc you would need to speak to Propel, their tel No. is 01726 825038. As it’s a known problem with the seals on Formula Oro brakes then I would have thought that replacing them FOC would be good PR & Karma. Hope you get this sorted soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formula Ora K18 problems’ is closed to new replies.