Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Formula fixings. How much!!
  • beagle
    Free Member

I have a banjo (caliper end) but just noticed the fixing is factory fitted. Thus I’ll need to spend £44.95 for a new hose kit!!

Any work rounds? Hopefully one still using the formula hose? I thought I’d just be able to get new fixing. I haven’t had great experiences with goodridge in the past.

Northwind

Depending on the model you probably don’t need the hose kit, all you need is the banjo etc, you can buy them separately for about £14. Think they are sold as “hose shortening kit” or similiar.

Superstar hose fittings work on Oros but I don’t know about more recent ones.

beagle
    Free Member

Thanks fella, I’ll look into that.

Edit it’s an RX can’t find one specific for that model. Hmmmm.

MSP

Goodridge hose kit is cheaper, and you could then get spares if required in the future.

Oops, just reread the op 😳

MSP

I would be interested in what problems you have had with goodridge in the past though, while I don’t think they are worthwhile as an upgrade on most modern brakes, I have never had any problem with them, and find them rather easy to fit.

Northwind

OK, it’s not RX- specific but I’d bet 10 scottish pence that this will fix it:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Formula-Hose-Joint-Kit-for-ORO_43826.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CPKIjfr7jrgCFTMRtAodLgMAgA

There isn’t a hose shortening kit for the RX as it’s only got a banjo at one end. No guarantees but I don’t go to such high stakes unless I’m confident 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Formula fixings. How much!!’ is closed to new replies.