• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Former President Jimmy Carter
  • SaxonRider

What a man.

And to think I resented him when I was a kid for interrupting my Saturday morning cartoons with a presidential address.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Subscription linky??

C’mon man, giz da newz f’o free dude.

Trimix
    Free Member

Nope – Im not subscribing to read that.

MSP

Reading failure! one of the options is to read for free, you just have to click it.

Carter is and was a truly decent human being, the sort of person politics is crying out for in the modern era, I am sure there a a few like him even now, but they will never get to sit on the throne.

He also let his morality guide his faith, rather than allowing religious diktats to rule his morality

https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95311&page=1.

SaxonRider

Thanks, MSP, for point out that you just have to press the right button to read it for free!

sadmadalan

Compare Carter with the current incumbent.  It just makes you weep for the levels to which US politics has fallen.

dannyh
    Free Member

Compare Carter with the current incumbent.  It just makes you weep for the levels to which US politics has fallen.

Even bumbling halfwit Reagan and “we’ll fight someone, somewhere” Dubya look statesmanlike next to the shitstain that is currently polluting the Oval Office.

ctk
    Free Member

“Carter was the least violent of American presidents but he did things which I think would certainly fall under Nuremberg provisions,” said Noam Chomsky. Much like Nobel Peace-prize winner Barack Obama 30 years later, Carter was an advocate of human rights in the abstract, but of repression and imposition of power through violence in practice.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/08/18/jimmy-carters-blood-drenched-legacy/

Metasequoia

The ABC article says he is 76; he is 93.

tails
    Free Member

It’s a good read and he does appear to live a very humble life but you could also argue if you had a pension of $200k per annum you could to. Poverty makes people angry.

I think a lot of Americans voted for trump as he was already wealthy, he wasn’t  running for the money. What they forgot was he was running to massage his ego.

aP
    Free Member

Trump isn’t that wealthy, he’s feathering his nest.

Carter was President during the heights of the Cold War, he was a mild Hawk. Trump is a pussy – telling the faithful what they want to hear whilst manoeuvring for personal gain.

maccruiskeen

Carter is also one of only two world leaders ever to have been attacked by a killer rabbit.

the other, of course being King Arthur

MSP

The ABC article says he is 76; he is 93

The ABC article is from 2000.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Former President Jimmy Carter’ is closed to new replies.