Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formatting a 64gb usb stick
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Currently it’s picked up as EXFAT with one partition. What’s the best way to format it so that I can use it In my TV? 2 32gb partions, one EXFAT and one FAT32? Also, what allocation size would work best?

JohnnyPanic

If you’re sticking it in the TV so the TV can save progs to it, then the TV will want to format it.

If you’re sticking it in the TV to play avi’s etc. from then that’ll be in the manual.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

No just to play stuff through the TV. The stick is recognised in the computer but not in the TV or the STB.

I have a smaller 16gb FAT32 usb key that works in both so I was assuming the devices don’t read anything other than FAT32 as the current format of EXFAT and 1 64gb partition doesn’t work. The problem is in Win7 the only formatting options I have with disk management is EXFAT or NTFS which doesnae work.

Been a while since I’ve used it but Partion Magic used to be THE software to use. Is this still the case or is there free shizzle now that works just as well?

Oh and still have no idea about allocation size.

JohnnyPanic

Don’t think you can format more than 32Gb as FAT32.
    Try partitioning it as 2 partitions first, then format one or both of them as FAT32.

cnud
    Free Member

There’s a few formatting tools for doing over 32gb Try Swiss Knife or I think Sony do one for use with the PS3

Cougar

The problem is in Win7 the only formatting options I have with disk management is EXFAT or NTFS which doesnae work.

format /fs:fat32 from a command prompt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formatting a 64gb usb stick’ is closed to new replies.