Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks – why so few reviews in Singletrack ?
  • christhetall
    Free Member

So it’s time to change my forks and I’m looking where to start

Rockshox alone have 40 different models in 13 different familys – but no simple advice on which ones are suitable for what

And yet Singletrack only seems to have 5 reviews, most of which are 3 or more years out of date

P.S. Anyone care to recommend some 120mm 29er forks ? Or point me at some good comparison sites ?

aracer
    Free Member

It’s probably related to the fact Rockshox alone have 40 different models, and that generally all forks work well nowadays, so it’s kind of difficult to do a useful review.

mattjg
    Free Member

^^ yes

Also other magazines do it adequately, continuous kit review churn isn’t really STW’s field I think. There’s no point doing the same as everyone else.

christhetall
    Free Member

Good point, well made

I like the fact that Singletrack isn’t so blatant in peddling the “here’s the kit you must buy this week” myth. (Trail magazine is possible the worst – “What kit you need to climb Everest(even though you are only going up Snowdon)”)

But the occasional buyers guide would be useful

brakes
    Free Member

buy X-Fusion, they’re the future.
    and if you do the others like RS, Fox and Marz might be fair and drop their stupid prices.

Junkyard
    Free Member

problem is they really need to do a long term test on a fork to be certain and it is till only a sample of one so I would still not give it any real value

rewski
    Free Member

xfusion slides are getting good reviews

mattjg
    Free Member

I really like the long-termers, but by definition they take a long time to do so there can’t be many!

STW gets reviews about right IMO, there are plenty of other places to go for regular ‘group tests’ with comparative ratings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks – why so few reviews in Singletrack ?’ is closed to new replies.