Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forks
  • wanderer
    Free Member

Hello all,
    my bikes front forks, i recently discovered, are brocken due to the lack of maintenance that the last owner showed it (in about 4 months)…
    anyways, i was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on an inexpensive but good quality shock.

z1ppy

What travel/wheel size? What type of axle, or are you wheels adaptable? Steerer type? (Going by you other threads) Budget? Maybe even what bikes it for?
    I like Rockshox’s but fox, x fusion & even suntour (& others like Mrp/dvo) all produce some good forks

wanderer
    Free Member

thanks, im looking for 100-120mm travel for a 26″ wheels. this is for a Focus Whistler. For the budget im looking up to £200
    🙂

z1ppy

Originally comes with Suntour XCT, 100 mm, 9 mm QR, Coil?

TBH I can’t tell if that a straight or tapered steered?
    Assuming it a straight 1 1/8, you seem to be in a between a rock and hard place, as you can buy ‘cheap’ forks like the Rockshox 30 Silver TK for around £100+ but will only give you a working fork, not much better than your original or the prices jump up to around £300ish for the likes of the Rockshox Reba/Sektor. Some people will bang on about 2nd hand forks, but then unless you buy them for £100 and budget to spend another £100 getting them serviced (possible to do at home, but going by your posts, I’m doubting you want to go that way), your potentially going to buy another set of tired forks.
    RockShox Recon Silver TK maybe the middle ground you need, on CRC for around £150 (not an exhaustive search TBH), aren’t going to be amazeballs but should be solid decent performing fork which you could potentially upgrade the damper to make better later on.

chestrockwell

My mate recently got a pair of the better Suntour forks as he needed 1 1/8th and qr. They were about £180. Seem to work ok, similar to my old 2014 Sektors.

wanderer
    Free Member

thanks
    i dont know whether or not its tapered or straight
    however on a budget front i am looking for 450-500 pounds
    thanks

wanderer
    Free Member

does anyone know where you can get shocks on sale?
    thanks

wanderer
    Free Member

oh, btw
    are the SR Suntour epixilon any good?

pembo6
    Free Member

Personally, for lower end but still decent forks, I can recomend RockShox XC32 (air) or Manitou Marvel (significantly better than the XC32). I put the XC32 on to replace an old suntour and they are noticeably better. Not sure if CRC still have the XC32s on sale?? Also, X-Fusion make some fantastic forks that often go on sale. Keep a lookout on CRC or Merlin.

devash
    Free Member

A second hand Rock Shox Reba would be a much better bet than a brand new lower spec fork. There’s a couple going on eBay right now that would fit your frame.

mattjng
    Free Member

I am just about to put a set of Fox Float 32s onto the sale pages if you are interested. 9mm QR, 1 1/8th steerer. They are used but I had a full service from Mojo last year and have ridden them 4 times since then so the internals are good as new.

I was hoping to get £120 for them, PM if you are interested.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Second hand Reba as above.

Good forks, plenty of choice, much better than Suntour.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forks’ is closed to new replies.