Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork travel…numpty question!?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

I have a set of Fox Float RL FIT with 15mm QR that came on a bike I recently purchased (2nd hand so can’t just ask the shop) I thought they were 140mm travel but measured stanchions at about 152mm, I knew they is always a little discrepancy but 12mm? Is there a possibility they are 150mm travel?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The total length of the exposed stanchions is not equal to the travel length. If you take all the air out of the shock you can pull the wheel up to the full length of the suspension travel to determine the travel length.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The forks don’t compress all the way, there is “always a bit sticking out” (said the bishop to the actress 8) )

Onzadog
    Free Member

True, there’s always a bit sticking out, but I’ve never known it be half an inch on a set of fox forx.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers I thought that was the case but 12mm seems quite a lot, saying that 2mm would not be enoght of 150mm. I will let all of the air out just to see where that drop to.

chiefgrooveguru

I think mine are the same, I’ll measure them tomorrow…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pull them a bit, you might find it’s more than 152 but they’re sagging a bit.

nwill1
    Free Member

Let the air out and was about 7-8mm of travel left…I’ve come to the conclusion they are 145mm travel!!

Not really, they must be 140mm.

chiefgrooveguru

151mm of exposed stanchion on my Float 32 140RL.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork travel…numpty question!?’ is closed to new replies.