Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork Service/Rebuild (kids RST First)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Anyone got an idea who can service the kids sized RST F1rst’s or where to get a service kit ??

Any idea of costs or if it’s even economically viable?
    I can get a new one for €170 and I’m not certain how much life is left in them until I pull them apart.

2 days abusing them at Cannop seems to have taken its toll.

poah
    Free Member

its easy enough to take the lowers off, clean and regrease the forks. there is no oil in the lowers.

daern
    Free Member

Are these the 24″ ones? Quite a few bikes I’ve seen have had them replaced with 26″ forks as the RST ones are a bit sturdy for a light bike. The difference with a 24″ wheel is actually surprisingly small.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

A2C of the RST is only 400mm – 63mm travel. putting a 26 inch fork is going to be too big.

daern
    Free Member

A2C of the RST is only 400mm – 63mm travel. putting a 26 inch fork is going to be too big.

I guess it depends on the geometry of the bike, but Isla’s newest Creig 24 Pro now comes with a 26″ fork as standard:
    http://www.islabikes.co.uk/products/bikes/item/creig-24-pro-series
    (the basic Creig 24 still comes with the 24″ specific RST fork, which is about the only 24″ air fork on the market)

This fork, I think:
    https://www.bike24.com/p263605.html

Perhaps worth a look at least?

poah
    Free Member

few other 24 air forks but not as light or spec’d as the RST. The bike that steve has was designed around a 24 inch fork where as the pro series wasn’t. Lewis’s ripcord is spec’d with a 26 inch fork.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers guys
    I’ve been away (Guisburn Forest) and done the first thing I wanted to the forks and fixed the lockout… not that he used it but he had the option

I’ll strip it when I get it home … as POAH knows the next project is a FS and then use the current bike just for XC races so 60mm and correct geometry seems more sensible than trying to find some Rebas etc and modifying them.

I considered some 26″ Rebas for his new frame… but still stuck between if I can stretch him to a kids 26 or not…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork Service/Rebuild (kids RST First)’ is closed to new replies.